What are your grooming routines?

corvidae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m curious and didn’t see a thread like this when I searched!
Right now our two short haired cats get brushed and get their nails clipped on a weekly basis. I also brush their teeth every day - although Jem is much more cooperative than Merle in that regard.
What kind of grooming (fur/nails/dental/other) do you do to keep your cat(s) healthy and happy?

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Minish is white and short haired, keeps herself squeaky clean. No need for eye or ear cleaning. I brush her partially every day as long as she allows (less than a minute) She regularly clips the nails of her back feet with her teeth. I clip the front but rarely because she usually keeps them in and she hates losing those sharp tips.
I brush her teeth when her gums look bad and her mouth starts to smell a bit. I don't do it regularly.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Our present cat is a Persian who was terribly matted when we adopted him. His coat was dingy and coarse. Since then I use a greyhound stainless steel comb every other day and take him to a professional groomer several times a year. Unfortunately he's had to have several dental surgeries due to FORL, partly genetic but more likely due to malnutrition and negligence by the hoarder who the shelter rescued him from. He only has one tooth left in his mouth so not much of a dental routine.

Although he's not a show cat one of the TCS members wrote an excellent Article about cat grooming:
What Is Grooming A Show Cat Like? – TheCatSite Articles

Danneq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I need to groom them more often. Every time somebody coughs up a hairball I feel guilty. I have a brush on the table next to me, with the idea that any time a cat is sitting with me I can brush, but I usually forget. :sigh:

wily1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Brushing every second day, usually just the areas where his coat is longer with a comb.....but usually once a week I give him a real good going over with the furminator brush.....I usually clip his front nails when I notice they hook in my skin when we rough house lol......he doesn't like being brushed but strangely enough he is a very good boy when I clip his nails

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Brushing them daily is a routine particularly before going to bed, although only Bourbon is enjoying it. The rest do not like to be brushed, especially Barley. It is always a struggle.

Bourbon, on the other hand, jumps on my lap as soon as she sees I am holding the brush.

Phicats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Minish is white and short haired, keeps herself squeaky clean. No need for eye or ear cleaning. I brush her partially every day as long as she allows (less than a minute) She regularly clips the nails of her back feet with her teeth. I clip the front but rarely because she usually keeps them in and she hates losing those sharp tips.
I brush her teeth when her gums look bad and her mouth starts to smell a bit. I don't do it regularly.
Luckily my cat does the same. But I try to brush mine once every one or two weeks.