What are your favorite things about your cat(s)?

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me, I love that Lola can sense when I'm depressed or anxious. She will be extra loving; demanding cuddles and pets. She also loves her belly rubbed. I love her facial expressions. They always make me laugh. I love how on her side, she has a black splotch of fur that reminds me of a heart. Lola is also very gentle. She doesn't scratch or bite if she plays with my hands. I love Lola so much; she's the perfect cat.
So, what do you love about your cat(s)?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What don't I love about my guy, Carleton? My list of favorite things are endless but to name a few: his affectionate nature, his generally calm demeanor, he follows me everywhere I go, he's in tune with my feelings and he sleeps on my side of the bed not my husband's ;)

Last edited:

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His total joy of life and tail fluffed excitement when we play outside and go for walks.
The huge range of vocal noises and volumes he uses to get his wants and needs across or simply to tell me a story about something.
His mischievousness with the way he tries to get you involved in play or to wake you in the mornings..anything goes..lol
Sense of humor and revenge..you tease him and he will get you back with an ambush attack or a bite on the toe and then he flees expecting you to chase him.
His boldness and pride in himself and bull headed stubbornness ..all dominant male..then ruins it into a meltdown of kittenish play and nonsense in an instant.
Then his calm times when he just wants to touch you and be with you, the total pleasure in his face as you gently talk with him and his slow fade out to sleep with a paw on your knee or hand.
A cat of extremes and a long way from when I first got him, a bundle of furry fun and a real little buddy.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee's affectionate personality and how he acts more like a dog than a cat - he'll often be found guarding my room at night and following behind me. And how he'll leave "presents" in the morning for us as he always gives us a toy mouse or ball at the end of their bed.

Fudge's purring - he's so loud! And how he loves his tummy tickles and stretches his paws right out when he's really relaxed. I also love how he puts his head forward for kisses, and how he curls right up into a little ball when he sleeps.

There's so much more, but this is what I could first think of!

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Makena

I don't think of Makena as a pet, I think of him more as a friend. We have spent many hours hiking and adventuring together. I have been able to teach him a lot of things... but in all fairness he has taught me a lot too. With his help I now spot wildlife faster, am more sensitive to sounds and know a good bit more about how to pick an interesting route through the woods.
I love his sheer strength, speed, athletic ability and patience. I like that I have earned his trust.

Lilia

Sweet, timid and gentle. Her original owner passed away and she was heartbroken and traumatized. But she had the courage to carry on. She is a good companion on a rainy day.... book in hand, cup of tea, Lilia snuggled on my lap. Lilia adores my wife and follows her like a pretty little shadow

June Bug

Cute, sassy, fun loving. June Bug has a little "bounce" to her step like she has springs in her paws. She LOVES to play and asks to do so with a tiny soft little "meow" and BIG eyes. There is something about her that makes us laugh, just her way of being in the world I suppose.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My "favorite thing" about my cats? I guess the fact that they're CATS, because when you're born with cats and have lived almost all your life with cats, cats are beloved family members, best friends, closest confidantes, inspirations, greatest beauties...I could go on and on, but I think everyone gets the picture. I love everything about cats.

MikyPiky

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like everything about my cats, but here are some specific things.

I love it how at night Coal will sleep on my legs, in the morning he'll get some food, then wakes me up for snuggles. If I don't get up then, he'll just go back to sleeping on my feet. He's a perfect foot warmer, and his purrs make me fall asleep.
:purr:

I love how Popoki will communicate with you through his meows. He's always very vocal with what he wants. He has a different meow for everything. Sometimes all he wants is some attention and snuggles. Other times... he wants his food.

And last of all I love how both my cats snuggle with each other. Once or twice a day Coal will snuggle down beside Popoki, and start licking him. This ends two ways, either Popoki will lick back and they'll fall asleep together, or Popoki will get irritated and leave. I prefer the first. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have posted a lot about Willows issues as a former semi feral and how skittish she is but she is also one of the easiest cats I have ever lived with .

She behaves and follows rules. If I tell her not to do something, most of the time she never does it again. Seriously
She doesn’t scavenge. She never goes in search of food or jumps on the counter. I can leave things she likes, like bread on the table and she won’t touch it
She doesn’t explore. I don’t have to shut doors or make sure she hasn’t crawled into a drawer.
She doesn’t care about the condition of her litterbox. I do try to keep it clean but if I miss a day or even a few days she if just fine continuing to use it.
She is very careful not to bump anything or knock it over. I can have fragile items on display and she doesn’t touch them.
She leaves me alone when I need to work and never ever jumps up to see what I am doing. She will sit in the room with me and sometime reach up and gently tap my arm but never pesters or gets in the way.
She is not a lap cat but is happy sitting next to me
She does not cry to be fed. If I am late she will tap my arm to get my attention. And even if she is hungry, she always sits in a different room while I set out her food.

And, of course, she is beautiful.

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love reading about all the special characteristics of everyone's individual cats. Cats are so special <3

Isabelle, the way she comforts me and knows when I'm not doing okay. She comes purring, licking my face and rubbing against me, staying until I calm down. She also follows me around and always wants to be near me.

Katrina, the way she loves being picked up and carried. If she sees me trying to take pictures of her or making eye contact, she swiftly runs over meowing, headbutting, and wanting attention.

Persia, the way she sleeps so hard by plopping over and letting the weight of her body decide the position she ends up in. She will also flop heavily onto her side when I bend down to pet her because she wants her belly rubbed, and will stretch way out purring. The way she is normally so very very quiet and calm, but will meow incessantly at the door to be let onto the deck.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Maisie's squinty little face and I love the way she runs when she suddenly really wants to play. I love that she mostly trusts me and feels comfortable enough around me to not be afraid anymore.

I love how protective Remy is with Maisie and Flora. He attacks me if he thinks I'm hurting one of them (almost always it's when I'm trying to get one of them in the kennel). I also love how his tail twitches when he's curious but hesitant to explore something.

I love Flora's little chirp when I touch her sometimes. She also has the sweetest meow. I love how much of a cuddle bug she is and that she rubs against me a lot.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Circe--in the avatar picture I'm using--is my oldest cat at 12.5 years old (she's been mine for 6 years). She is the world's best snuggle-cat at bed time or naptime.

TV, my black and white tuxie girl, is the world's sweetest cat. There are two kinds of people in the world--those who love TV and those who haven't met her.

Domino, TV's brother, is bonded to TV. You will frequently find them curled up together in random places around the house taking a nap together. It's just too adorable.

Autumn, my calico, because she probably is the mother of TV and Domino--which means without her, there wouldn't be them. (They were all rescued together, but when their teeth were examined, Autumn had all her adult teeth and TV and Domino were in a mixed baby/adult teeth that put their age around 4-5 months). She has an adorable little voice-less meow (you see her mouth move, but almost no sound).

Cosette ... my tortie girl who was once a stray who came in from the cold one February (and had the most horrific smelling diarrhea .. $200 later, she was healthy and I was definitely going to keep her), also has the most unusual orange eyes, likes to play fetch, and is an absolute sweetheart.

frazzfox

Mama to Kila the Calico
Young Cat
Purraise
Gosh, there are SO many things I love about my little Kila...
  • The fact that she can sense when I'm crying and runs over to lick away the tears / rub herself all over me so I'll stop
  • She's SO talkative... she'll "talk" at us whenever we enter or exit a room she's in, or when we say her name, or when we haven't paid attention to her in too long
  • She's the only cat I've ever had who uses and loves all of the beds we've gotten her... toys not so much but beds she loves
  • She's so gentle. She's never hissed, growled, or attacked either of us on purpose. When she's "done" with petting she won't swipe but will take your hand in her mouth and just hold it, not biting down, to signal she needs space
  • She LOVES to be the little spoon. When she wants cuddles she'll jump up and turn around and lay with her back against you in the crook of your arm
  • She always makes time for me. That sounds so silly to say but whatever she's doing, I never feel like I've disturbed her. She always seems happy to see me and to pay attention to her needy little human!

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so hard to choose an answer! My cats all sleep on the bed with us and unlike some they stay there all night. They know that once my partner and I finish brushing our teeth that it's bedtime (which is also treat time). They each have a cat bed on our bed and as soon as the water turns off in the sink they jump up onto our bed, get in their cat bed and wait for their treat. Once they eat it it's lights out. I love reaching over in the dark to stroke their fur just as I'm drifting off and hearing their contented purrrrrrr. It sings me to sleep.