What are your favorite things about your cat(s)?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love many things about Sombra, such as:
-The way she takes her time kneading my legs over the bed covers every night before falling asleep next to me.
-The way she climbs on my chest and proceeds to groom me when I wake up in the morning and I turn around lying on my back.
-How she looks for me immediately after her afternoon napping and climbs on my lap asking for pets.
-How she jumps on to the cushion on my desk when I tell "it is brushing time"and licks my left hand during the whole "operation" now and then sitting up to kiss my face.
-How she rushes to the front door to welcome me when I have been out and she hears the key in the front door
-The way she confronts me when I scold her wagging her tail slowly, her eyes wide open, letting me know she is not impressed.
-Her presence next to me wherever I may be, lying on the cushion on my desk, on the couch when I read the newspaper, on a chair next to me when I'm having a meal. :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

But................I confess the naughty tricks list is just as long if not longer. :sigh::ohwell: and I would love to see HER list about me!!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love many things about Sombra, such as:
-The way she takes her time kneading my legs over the bed covers every night before falling asleep next to me.
-The way she climbs on my chest and proceeds to groom me when I wake up in the morning and I turn around lying on my back.
-How she looks for me immediately after her afternoon napping and climbs on my lap asking for pets.
-How she jumps on to the cushion on my desk when I tell "it is brushing time"and licks my left hand during the whole "operation" now and then sitting up to kiss my face.
-How she rushes to the front door to welcome me when I have been out and she hears the key in the front door
-The way she confronts me when I scold her wagging her tail slowly, her eyes wide open, letting me know she is not impressed.
-Her presence next to me wherever I may be, lying on the cushion on my desk, on the couch when I read the newspaper, on a chair next to me when I'm having a meal. :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

But................I confess the naughty tricks list is just as long if not longer. :sigh::ohwell: and I would love to see HER list about me!!
Maybe. But she loves you very much, golondrina golondrina .

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So many things! But if I had to pick one thing, I’d say Krista’s resilience and indomitable spirit. Okay. That’s two things. Still. Her senior years have not been easy. But through it all, she soldiers on and keeps telling me she wants to keep going. Through everything, all the vet visits, episodes, and procedures, she still has unconditional love and forgiveness for me. She keeps showing up for me. So I have to keep showing up for her. I hope I’m as tough as her when I’m her age. 😻

Last edited:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed and appreciate when Felix adjust his actions based on my mood. For example, when I'm upset about something, he's usually more gentle and will do silly things to try to cheer me up. Or he'll just be there when I need him and stay by my side until I'm feeling better. I also love how Felix lets me know that he's hungry or if the litter box needs cleaning. He'll come to me wherever I am and tap my side and then walk to the basement door and sit there. If I don't follow him, he will repeat the tapping and go back to the door over and over until I get up.

Fayola is always sweet to me and I love when she is curious about what I'm doing. If I'm working in the basement, she'll come up to me and meow and trill at me as if to ask me what I'm doing. She's very comforting and if I sit beside her on the chair or let her know that I need some cuddle time, she is happy to remove the warmth. I love her energy and her spunk. If something is bothering her or if she doesn't like something, she will politely let you know.

Harvey, I'm not sure yet because he's just come back so I have to get to know him all over again.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I love everything about them! But if I had to pick my favorites, here they are:

- Isabel: I love her patience. How she's always down to just chill with me and let me poke and prod her whenever I'm worried about her. I love that warmth she has, where she just is content to just be with those she loves.
- Sammy: Since day one, he's been my snuggle buddy. I don't know how one day I will ever sleep without him curled up with me like a giant floofy marshmallow. I also love how he just KNOWS WHEN I need him to sit with me. He's really in tune with emotions around him I think.
- Mia: I love how CLUMSY she is and how goofy she can be. When we got her I thought she'd be this consistently timid kitten, but she's just a playful ball of fluff now. I also love, I admit, when she races into the living room to sit on the couch with me. It's like she looks forward to it all day. She sits on the couch ONLY if I'm sitting there.
- Jasper: I love his confidence. He's clumsy, he doesn't care. He's loud, he doesn't care. He is fascinated by everyone and everything and I ADORE that about him.
- CiCi: I loved so much about her... I miss these the most. Her sing song meow choir like songs whenever I'd feed her and the way she'd get up and climb on my back or arm whenever she was at a level to reach me. I never thought I'd miss the feeling of those paws on my back but.. I do, so much

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Finny: he will start purring and making air biscuits by just me talking to him. He'll touch my leg gently with his paw when I'm preparing his food. Always leans his head into my hand when I pet him. He is also now dubbed the Velcro kitty by my mom because he will stick to you like glue, rubbing all up on your legs.

Teddy: his nose boops are wet and he puts his whole heart into giving them. He reaches his paws up above his head to make biscuits. He'll lay one of his legs over mine when we're both in bed. He leans his forehead into my kisses during snuggles. He'll plop down at my feet and show his belly.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elvis has been jumping up on the cupboard to encourage my food prep. Of course, cats are not allowed on the cupboard, so I talk to him when he does this, saying things like, "Oh! If I didn't know better, I'd swear there was a CAT on the cupboard! But of course, we know cats are not allowed on the cupboard." (I can sense his inner smile when I say this.) :cutecat:*SMUG kitteh is SMUG*

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That she sets her mind on certain things like she must have something to eat when humans eat (preferably what we eat) But also that she doesn't insist if it's not life or death, that she can compromise. Also her funny side as she shows off or plays jokes on us (her favorite is startling me by jumping on my face then jetting off to be chased)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
minish minish That would work!!! :insertevillaugh::sleep::shocked:

Elvis has recently exhibited another behavior I've never seen him do before. One of my roomies recently told me he jumped up on the dining room table while they were enjoying a fresh salmon dinner.
I apologized profusely and said he wasn't allowed to do that, and that he had never done that before, that I knew of.
She told me their beloved angel used to do this. She and her husband adore Elvis. And Tarifa. And Baby Su. :cutecat::dancingblackcat::kneading: