What Are Your Cats Doing Right Now?

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Recovering.

Friday morning, Belle didn’t jump on my bladder after the alarm went off. She didn’t come into our bed at all. She didn’t want to play and she didn’t come when I called her for breakfast. She was listless, but she did eat after I picked her up and set her at her dish. She didn’t struggle when I picked her up, or when I put on her harness or put her in the carrier. None of this was normal, so off to the vet’s.

Fortunately, they were able to get her in after only a short wait. Belle was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection and a slight fever. They gave her a shot of antibiotics to combat it.

Today, she’s much recovered. Much more active and she walked all over me once she realized I was awake- no alarms on Saturdays or Sundays. Still, we’re keeping an eye on her.

I am quite relieved it’s minor infection and Belle is almost back to her old self.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Recovering.

Friday morning, Belle didn’t jump on my bladder after the alarm went off. She didn’t come into our bed at all. She didn’t want to play and she didn’t come when I called her for breakfast. She was listless, but she did eat after I picked her up and set her at her dish. She didn’t struggle when I picked her up, or when I put on her harness or put her in the carrier. None of this was normal, so off to the vet’s.

Fortunately, they were able to get her in after only a short wait. Belle was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection and a slight fever. They gave her a shot of antibiotics to combat it.

Today, she’s much recovered. Much more active and she walked all over me once she realized I was awake- no alarms on Saturdays or Sundays. Still, we’re keeping an eye on her.

I am quite relieved it’s minor infection and Belle is almost back to her old self.
I hope she recovers well 😻

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quinn is in his bed washing, Zena is on a chair with a kh warmer blanket on a soft cushion, I don't know where Merlin is, and Fred and Cinnamon are in their room, prolly in their cubes because it is freezing tonight...🥶

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Recovering.

Poor Belle, I’m glad you caught it early and she’s recovering!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phoebe’s probably asleep under the bed - surprised I can’t hear her snoring. (ETA she’s just started 😸 ). Daisy’s hard at work restoring the layers of fur removed from the bedspread when I washed and shaved it. Literally fistfuls of fur and lint came off it. (For the knitters out there, it’s Noro Ito and I’ve been using it for four years - it will never stop pilling.)

6C21F73C-2FAF-4B05-86F0-BD138FB1725E.jpeg

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Nodding off in loaf position…his forehead dips down, hits the cushion, wakes him up a little bitty; repeat.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chasing each other around from the living room, into my bedroom, and then into my bathroom tub. Then back into the living room and repeat the entire path over and over again.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope she recovers well 😻
Poor Belle, I’m glad you caught it early and she’s recovering!
Thanks. Belle is almost back to her old self. She was engaged with her morning brushing and was enthusiastically playing. Still, she prefers cocooning herself in the clean laundry where it's warm over her usual haunts.

Brehus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Tuxedo cat named princess is very loving affectionate and protective of her family.
My wife went into the back yard today and two stray cats started fighting my cat though my wife was in trouble flew outside and immediately engaged one of the cats kicked its rear and ran it off. She has show to be be very protective of her family on multiple occasions

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phoebe’s hiding under the bed because she heard me getting the instruments of torture out, ie the Betadine and cotton ball for cleaning her chin acne. She’ll be even less pleased to know she has to have eye ointment as well tonight.

Daisy’s snoozing on the bed, as usual. She’s slightly peeved because I went out twice this morning. She too will be even less pleased by the end of the week, because I have appointments every dratted day!

yekrats

What a Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful World
Adult Cat
Purraise
Got 4-5 in of new snow this morning. Tubbs ( the troublemaker ) sat in his spot by the window, all nice and warm and cozy and watched me running the snow blower up and down the sidewalks. He had that look on his face. I'm in here all nice and warm and cozy and you're out there freezing your tail off. Well... works for me. 😸

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton knows when it's time for me to give him his evening medicine - he jumped on my husband's lap and burrowed into his leg as if to say, "Save Me, please." :please:

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One cat is totally ignoring me. The other one wants to be annoying. As I have been consumed watching a new Iowa PBS show called Iowa Land and Sky.

ObeseChess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Got a friend and their dog (a 14 year old pomeranian) staying with me for a few weeks. Sassy is probably on the bed, venturing out every so often to see if the dog is still in the living room.
Sassy is currently lounging on her cat tree in the living room, eyeballing the dog skeptically.