What Are Your Cats Doing Right Now?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could totally see Boone doing this on the rafters of the barn he and Gracie were found in if we had rescued them as babies. He lays the same way on the cat tree. 1-3 legs hanging off something without a care in the world that he might fall.
20220618_062948.jpg

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Giving me anxiety this morning. Went to wash my face and couldn't find my hair tie to get my hair out of my face. I always put it over the faucet so it's harder for the cats to grab. It wasn't there but cat hair was in the sink so I knew someone had managed to get the hair tie off the faucet.

I looked all over the bathroom, living room, and kitchen. Then I worried that one of the cats ate it and a trip to the vet later may be in order.

Grabbed another hair tie and began washing my face when something by the plug caught my eye. It was my hair tie! One of the cats got it off the faucet and it either landed perfectly around the plug (most likely) or the cat was playing with it in the sink and managed to get it around the plug (less likely).

At least it was found and not swallowed!!
20220619_073804.jpg
20220619_073818.jpg

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess all the spoiling I have done to Gracie over the last 6 months because of her off and on banishment to the basement has made her think she was immune to spankings.

This banner is puffy letters and I worried putting it by the cat tree would just encourage Boone (who is the one who normally sits at the top) to mess with it. I put it up early yesterday and he completely ignored it so I thought it was safe.

This morning not only did Gracie think she could take Boone's spot but she also thought she was allowed to act like this was a long line of cat toys for her to chew up. Needless to say, the banner has been moved and replaced with one with wooden stars that aren't as tempting to chew on.
20220619_083012.jpg
20220619_083030.jpg

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's doing his stretches ! Dweezil used to do this when he was a youngster. My husband would say he was put together backwards....;)

KittyCam

Stray cats and pet cats handler
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Autumn is sleeping under her cat tower, while my other cat Willow is bathing herself under my chair. We have 6 kittens that are currently all snoring in a big pile together.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Belle is wondering why I’m laying on the floor, cursing her soundly under my breath.

I’d been sitting in the bed, going through the photos and videos on my phone and deciding what my next project was going to be. Belle was on the floor next to me, blissfully giving her tail a thorough cleaning, starting from its root and methodically making her way to the tip. I checked the clock and saw it was time for lunch. I stretched, stood and took a long step over my furry friend as to not disturb her ablutions. Or so I thought. With that long step, I was over extended and to my horror, I felt the very soft coat of Belle underfoot. Unbeknownst to me, she’d darted ahead to beat me to the kitchen. Unable to catch my balance without crushing Belle, I crashed to the floor like a felled tree, scattering the clothes in the laundry hampers waiting to be folded and put away.

I struggled to sit up among tee shirts, socks, panties and bras, frantic that Belle was trapped under me. I needn’t have worried. She was in the hallway with a look that said “Hurry up! I want my lunch!”

Last edited:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
My day ends w/ him psychically vibing me to bed so he can sleep on my foot. In the AM I am dreaming about cats I think because he is staring at me, inches from my face while I sleep, vibing me to wake up.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, the funniest thing happened. I need to preface this by saying that Boone is not allowed downstairs as that is Gracie's "hideaway".

Boone was laying on the living room floor and Gracie was on the arm of the loveseat. Gracie jumps down onto Boone. Then Boone chases her. Gracie runs downstairs and without thinking Boone follows her. He must have gotten down to the bottom and realized his mistake (Gracie attacks him if he goes downstairs) and two seconds later, he comes running back upstairs in a panic like "Oh my god, what did I just do???" :lol:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to give Boone and Gracie their breakfast and found evidence of some partying and bad behavior in the living room. Cat toys taken out of the toy box and strewn all over the floor. That flower thing belongs ON TOP of the TV stand, not on the floor beside it. On the other side of the TV stand, it looks like someone tried to jump on top of it and slid on the runner.
20220702_075221.jpg
20220702_075134.jpg

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who knew Boone was a guard cat. Oldest has been working nights and got home around 0330. We could hear him outside but Boone had no idea what it was so he started growing. The more noise, the more Boone growled until son finally came inside and Boone saw what was making the noises.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The boys are playing with the Raccoon tail. But both seemed bored. Perhaps Its because of the high humidity .