What Are Your Cats Doing Right Now?

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Mocha was sprawled across Iris, licking her head. I had to move her off because Iris was starting to wheeze!
Iris: “Get her off, Mom. She’s smushing me!”
5712CDFA-AC9B-45AD-B83C-00A6023B852E.jpeg

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Routine seems more & more important to Zorro in his golden years. After successfully herding me to bed, he is now at his appointed place, mashed against my right foot.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We’re practicing for the newest Olympic sport here: synchronized sleeping. Mocha needs to tuck her head down and to her left a bit more, but otherwise, not bad. Note that the right hind legs and the tails are almost perfectly positioned. 7.5?
77508FF3-BD05-42C9-8DA7-7D610D15D5E9.jpeg

aurorabee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We had a close call situation!

I came home from work and my husband said, it's all worked out but I might as well let you know...
He had taken the dog for a walk. When he returned he noticed the door hadn't shut completely. He immediately went to check for our cat but couldn't find her anywhere in the house. (I should add she is strictly an indoor cat. I sometimes take her for little "jaunts" on her harness and she usually just wants to go back inside after a few minutes.)
So he immediately goes outside shaking treats but all this accomplishes is attracting attention of neighbour's cat which would just scare her away anyways. Then he thinks he sees....far far down the bottom of the hill a black blob moving quickly so runs, but he says that black blob is moving so fast! It disappears! A car brakes as the black blob runs across the road. He runs into several people, one woman with a dog, asking "have you seen a cat?" Some people thought they saw something but that it was a fox? (There are some black foxes). He gives his number to various people. But he says he's that black blob moving and it's skittering fast "with that Pepé Le Pew upright tail" and not the loping movement of a fox and there are no skunks in the area we live. He heads back home up the hill and...there she was, waiting right at the door to be let back in.

Phew!

She's a larger sized lady so I'm shocked/impressed that she was able to move so fast!

She seemed very - self-satisfied with herself after this great adventure.