What Are Your Cats Doing Right Now?

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So a nice peaceful night outside with me weeding and the cats in the catio supervising lead to one of the cats managing to knock a piece of bark off a big tree log thing in the catio and then proceed to guard it like it was a live mouse. She ran inside with it, so at some point I'm going to clean this place and find a hunk of tree stashed in some corner or something =P
One of my dogs rolled in...something. This dog loves sleeping in our bed.
Oh, goody :runaround::doh:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that the bark fiasco is done...
elder cats are sleeping/napping/lounging. Middle aged cats are bathing one another and causing one of our dogs to have some kind of weird "this shouldn't be happening" fit, cat baths bug him and he feels this might lead to a fight or argument, so he is monitoring their behavior closely.
Youngest cats are hitting the walls with all fours, sliding down the walls and freezing with their front feet STILL on the wall, staring at nothing on the ceiling, and then doing a perfect swimmers turn with a "PRRRT?!?!?!!?" noise as they fly off into another room with some invisible monster chasing them..
One is bringing me those darned felt balls. Another decided climbing a rogue towel draped over the regular stove was a good idea and almost bashed his head when the stove door flopped open earlier.
A few moments ago one girl cat stole a spoon from the sink and took off with it. I have no clue where the spoons whereabouts are now.
Tell me...when did we move into a zoo? :lol2:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man...I've gotten that look before.
My advice is to sleep with one eye open ;)
I played with her after the show was done, so hopefully I'm forgiven.

Now she's playing in the (empty) bathtub.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that the bark fiasco is done...
elder cats are sleeping/napping/lounging. Middle aged cats are bathing one another and causing one of our dogs to have some kind of weird "this shouldn't be happening" fit, cat baths bug him and he feels this might lead to a fight or argument, so he is monitoring their behavior closely.
Youngest cats are hitting the walls with all fours, sliding down the walls and freezing with their front feet STILL on the wall, staring at nothing on the ceiling, and then doing a perfect swimmers turn with a "PRRRT?!?!?!!?" noise as they fly off into another room with some invisible monster chasing them..
One is bringing me those darned felt balls. Another decided climbing a rogue towel draped over the regular stove was a good idea and almost bashed his head when the stove door flopped open earlier.
A few moments ago one girl cat stole a spoon from the sink and took off with it. I have no clue where the spoons whereabouts are now.
Tell me...when did we move into a zoo? :lol2:
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - You're a lucky fellow; I'd love to live in such a calm, relaxing household.
moozoom2.gif

Last edited:

Emma2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One is sleeping inside on the carpet and the other ones are relaxing (and watching the birds at the same time) in the sun on the balcony.:sunshine:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - You're a lucky fellow; I'd love to live in such a calm, relaxing household.
View attachment 231519
Everyone has been so chill today, and last night they ran hard into the night and did NOT stop. I don't know what got into them!! It was comical until I was half asleep and heard the sound of something crashing onto the floor (a now broken decorative doo-dad that was ugly anyway).
Sometimes I wonder what flies up their fannies and makes them act like crazy wild beasts!

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well it's just me and Gypsy... and wherever I am she is usually close by.

Right now she is napping lightly in the inbox on my desk. I cleared it out and put her small bed in there so she could be on the desk when I work. She always is anyway so this works better for her.... and me!

In the Inbox2.jpg

Changing position..

Groggily opens eyes to make sure I'm still here!

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Candybee Candybee I don’t think there is anything more endearing or satisfying that a cat sleeping on your face!
Yup! Its the sweetest thing. Next to the sound of a happy purring kitty. My favorite sound!

And those squeak-purrs Olive makes? Gypsy does a mrrmmph purr sound whenever I touch her. Like she is trying to meow with her mouth closed while she is purring. I am getting addicted to the sweetness of that little sound!

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Olive does that as well! Usually if she’s napping on my lap and a surprise her by a pet or touch. I assume I’m interrupting some deep kitty thought about the universe.
Is Olive a torti? Gypsy has similar color markings on her body. That kind of "brindle" black & orange/brownish. Except Gypsy has white with white socks making her calico. Anyway, their pics look fairly similar.