What are you watching/streaming?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
watching one of my fave Lifetimes movies.

also movies on AMC and Turner classic

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
f you like Designated Survivor, try The Diplomat on Netflix. It is really good. I binged it over a several days. It is one season, but has been renewed for another.
We've already watched that and the Night Agent. :lol:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Magpie Murders Only available on BritBox at the moment but can be streamed on the BBC later.
I've read the book which I loved as well.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Magpie Murders Only available on BritBox at the moment but can be streamed on the BBC later.
I've read the book which I loved as well.
Ditto for me on both. Loved the book and the show. We watched it on PBS.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I’d be watching Magpie Murders but my wifi is terrible out here in the boonies. So it’s Paul Theroux books for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I'm not Kat0121 Kat0121 , but if you have Prime, you can watch pretty muuch anything that Prime has to offer for free. Rick watches a lot of Prime movies and shows. I like Prime because, not only do we get the shipping, but we also have Prime for the tv, I get free books every month for the Kindle, and now they added Prime music. And Thursday Night Football is now on Prime during football season. If you want to try another streaming channel (Hulu, for example), you can get it through Prime. And then just go into Prime and then Hulu that way. I did that with Paramount+ and I do that with Starz when Outlander is showing. For us, it's worth it.

We have the Samsung smart tvs in the Shed and in the living room. I have an older (10+ years) JVC that is not "smart". I use a FireStick for that tv.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I do like the FireStick... and Amazon.. Since I order a ton from Amazon Prime, it is worth having.
I do like the Pluto station (free)... Last night I discovered an oldie -- my type of 'oldie' music-- classic country, from Pluto.. It was really good.

I have Paramount Plus, and Netflix from Amazon... so far so good.. There are a lot of older stuff on Amazon, but.. it you get an app, it can be very worthwhile.

I have Xfinity for cable and internet. I have let the 'free' version of Peacock lapse (the DVR will record the programs I want); I discontinued Netflix from Xfinity.. I picked it up on my own with Amazon. I have had Paramount Plus for a few years through Amazon; Picked up free Pluto and Freevee on Amazon...
With these and the DVR recorder, I feel I am good.. I also cut back my Xfinity services..
Not saving much, compared with what I was paying previously... but with all the price increases, I am doing ok for the content that I watch...

TV is kind of a luxury to me...I deserve it..
I sincerely wish they would help consumers decrease the prices... only purchasing the networks YOU want.. and not the "lumped PLANS"". sigh-- never to be seen

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crime Scene Kitchen is baaaaaack! I finally watched the first episode of season 2 today (J has swim lessons on Monday evenings, so I can't watch live). And after catching a few minutes and being intrigued by the premise, I've started watching Next Level Chef on Tubi.

I will probably watch Stars on Mars once they put it on Tubi as well, because it looks delightfully stupid.

Currently, right this minute however, we have Frozen on yet again.

Speaking of kid stuff though, clearly my husband must hate me for getting J into Frozen (he haaaates Olaf), because he downloaded this new Care Bears series called Unlock the Magic or something like that, and it's absolutely terrible, but of course J loves it, and in the episode we watched the other day either Funshine or Good Luck called the other one 'bro' and I died a little bit inside. #notmycarebears

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will probably watch Stars on Mars once they put it on Tubi as well, because it looks delightfully stupid.
I watched the first episode of this. You are absolutely correct in your analogy.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Vintage television — Route 66 . 📺
Amazing how this show from the early 1960's was filmed entirely on location all over the USA. The last surviving cast member — George Maharis — passed away recently at age 94.
A lot of us kids wanted to be like Tod and Buz. Not bad role models for the younger generation. 👍
Route 66 1961 TV Guide.jpg

detail_1205_obs_66_h.jpg