What are you watching/streaming?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally finished the current season of "Call the Midwife:..just in time for their Christmas Special which will be on Christmas Night. The last 2 episodes--omg... they really outdid themselves. I just love this series. full of hope, love... I have watched it since it debut.. So well written. You get to really know the characters..

Also, almost done with Season 2 of Picard. Two more episodes to go.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Last night, I finished the second season of Picard. OMG... I am really a trekkie.. I had tears in my eyes, when Picard 'Hugged" Q.... It was so bittersweet.
I really cannot wait until February, when the third and last season of Picard streams. It brings back the characters from The Next Generation. I just love that program.. and Voyager.

I guess I am a sucker for any shows where good overcomes bad.. where everyone is valued.. where values count.. To sum it up... any and all shows which show, Hope, acceptance, and love.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, I finished the second season of Picard. OMG... I am really a trekkie.. I had tears in my eyes, when Picard 'Hugged" Q.... It was so bittersweet.
I really cannot wait until February, when the third and last season of Picard streams. It brings back the characters from The Next Generation. I just love that program.. and Voyager.

I guess I am a sucker for any shows where good overcomes bad.. where everyone is valued.. where values count.. To sum it up... any and all shows which show, Hope, acceptance, and love.
Little House on the Prairie is a timeless classic for those reasons. I still watch it.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just finished streaming Galavant on Hulu. If you haven't heard of it, it's a musical comedy set in the middle ages and its very funny and silly but also a bit touching in parts. The acting is great, the songs are great, I just fell in love with it. I've streamed it twice so far - may opt for a third eventually, because there's so many little things you can miss. They only did two seasons before being cancelled, unfortunately, because they set it up for a couple of what sounded like cool plotlines.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The Handmaid's Tale. The most frightening series that wasn't made to be intentionally scary that I've ever seen.
Rick watched it. I couldn't. Couldn't read the book either. We're getting too close to that in real life and it just frustrates me to no end.

I finished watching River Monsters, a series with Jeremy Wade on Animal Planet. No, I'm not a fisherperson at all, but found the episodes to be fascinating. So much so that I also watched In Dark Waters and Mighty Rivers, both with Wade. Very interesting, especially the Rivers episode about the Mississippi. I'd like to start watching Mysteries of the Deep this weekend. I'm streaming on Discovery+.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I like Emily in Paris-- cute.. lighthearted.. Virgin River..
I find I watch more PBS and streaming services than I do cable TV.. except for the Food Network (some shows)

and Grantchester, Call the Midwife, and oldies in the Star Trek empire: TNG, Voyager, Enterprise.. have to watch Picard Season 3, and Strange New Worlds...

I gave up on Outlander.. I cannot afford another cable station-- STARZ...