What are you watching/streaming?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been streaming 'Discovery".. just have have the last episode in the current season to watch.

I am a Star Trek junky.... Still have to watch: Strange New Worlds, and Picard...

I usually have the Star Trek Channel on, from Pluto-- just to watch The Next Generation .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm a Trekker (Trekkie??) too. I'm a big fan of TNG.

Still working on Ghost Hunters on Discovery+. Basically, I have it on in the Shed and semi-watch while I play Wordscapes on my Ipad.

Rick told me that he read that Discovery+ merged with HBO, which will add the HBO stuff to the line up in 2023. I'm sure the monthly fee will skyrocket.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby and I just finished the 3 seasons of The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch. Sure is some strange things going on in Utah. We need to find something new to watch.

I finished the first three seasons of the Orville, loved it!! Waiting for season 4 to start.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm a Trekker (Trekkie??) too. I'm a big fan of TNG.

Still working on Ghost Hunters on Discovery+. Basically, I have it on in the Shed and semi-watch while I play Wordscapes on my Ipad.

Rick told me that he read that Discovery+ merged with HBO, which will add the HBO stuff to the line up in 2023. I'm sure the monthly fee will skyrocket.
Omg... another thing in common!! I subscribe to Paramount + , just for Star Trek!! and then 1883, Yellowstone came into my existence....

Probably going to finish up Discovery tonight.. it is kind of hard to get into.. not my favorite ST series... but... Then move on to another.. Still getting through Voyager.. I like to savor it.. Captain Janeway!!!

Rick must have read the same thing I did.. HBO did merger with Discovery+ media.. forming a huge conglomeration. They are canning one of the many HBO streaming sites... Who knows what that means to any of us.

I do not have HBO--- really not much on it for me.. and Discovery+. I think I can do without...

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love The Orville, also can't wait for season 4
You may also like Resident Alien. the second half of season 2 starts on the 17th (was supposed to be the 10th)
I just saw an ad for that last night, looked interesting, but I forget where it's on. I'll have see if it's streaming somewhere. Definitely need a new show to binge on.
Also waiting for the next seasons of Good Omens and Miracle Workers.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw an ad for that last night, looked interesting, but I forget where it's on. I'll have see if it's streaming somewhere. Definitely need a new show to binge on.
Also waiting for the next seasons of Good Omens and Miracle Workers.
Same here. Can't give me more David Tennant soon enough.
Also waiting for the Ark animated series. Not only because I play Ark, but mostly because of DT.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
New Tricks on Hulu. I love all the different accents: Cockney, Welsh, Scots and so on…and trying to figure out all the British slang is hilarious. Had no idea what a “Bunny Boiler“ was or an “Oik.”

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
New Tricks
I watched that series a couple of years ago on Acorn. I thought it was pretty good. I’m currently watching season one of The Art of Crime, a French detective show, on Hoopla.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched that series a couple of years ago on Acorn. I thought it was pretty good. I’m currently watching season one of The Art of Crime, a French detective show, on Hoopla.
Never even heard of Hoopla, I’m so in the boondocks. Can’t even get cable. Will try to find.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Never even heard of Hoopla, I’m so in the boondocks. Can’t even get cable. Will try to find.
Hoopla is a free online service offered by many public libraries. You do have to have a library card. Here’s the description from the Hoopla website (https://www.hoopladigital.com/):

EA1806A9-0978-4A51-956D-01DD4ACE8407.jpeg

I have the Hoopla app on my iPad and also on AppleTV.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoopla is a free online service offered by many public libraries. You do have to have a library card. Here’s the description from the Hoopla website (https://www.hoopladigital.com/):

View attachment 429343

I have the Hoopla app on my iPad and also on AppleTV.
My library doesn’t use Hoopla but has a similar app called Libby. I can get audio books or Magazines online and reserve books for pickup.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
My library doesn’t use Hoopla but has a similar app called Libby. I can get audio books or Magazines online and reserve books for pickup.
The three public libraries (from three states) for which I have cards have both Libby and Hoopla. I use ‘em both. Fantastic resources!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
New Tricks on Hulu.
Rick was a big fan of New Tricks. He really enjoyed it.

artiemom artiemom I'll be getting Paramount+ again in September as the third season of Evil will be finished and I can binge it. I think I'll keep it for a while to work on some of the Star Trek series. I always liked Deep Space 9; I loved Quark. Rick got me a red t-shirt that had Quark's Bar and Grill on the front. I was surprised at how many people liked that shirt. I was out walking in the work neighborhood at lunch one day and a guy stopped and asked me where I found that shirt. Unfortunately, I wore it out. I've seen all the original Star Treks (big Spock fan) and all of the TNG shows, too (love Picard). I started watching Picard, but never finished the second season. I have a life-size cut-out of Picard that I've been meaning to put out in the Shed. He's awesome.

The kids gave me a TNG Pez collection with every character (even the Enterprise) as a Pez container. I've never opened it. It's pretty neat.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Decided I am sick of the food being offered in here. I am tired of cheeseburger or hot dog every Wednesday (grill day). The chicken they grill is a dried out piece of cardboard.

Went to grocery store, picked up a rotisserie chicken, and salad stuff... Will have that for a couple days. I did get a few brioche rolls. With me picking apart the chicken, while it is still warm, and then having a roll with butter--- I am good to go for many hours.

Winchester Winchester love having Paramount +..They have all the ST series!!

I watched the first season of Picard. It was different. I have not watched the second season, as of yet. The second season got rave reviews. From what I understand the Third and final Season of Picard is going to bring back all TNG people.. People are already anxiously waiting for it to air.

Strange New Worlds is only one season. I saw the character/actor of Captain Pike on Discovery. I love him!! From all the fan reaction, it is a hit, and is true to the original ST series. It takes place before the original--has Spock, Uhura, in it..
The episodes are one story each episode; not a continuation as other series.

I never really got into DS9... but I suppose I will watch it. And I love Voyager--Captain Janeway!!
Oh, and I have to watch Enterprise--- a short series, but with Scott Bakula, it is worth rewatching.

If you get Paramount +; seriously watch The Offer---- a behind the scenes story about the making of The Godfather.. So good...

I also loved watching 1883... precursor to Yellowstone--which you would probably like, also.

Yes, I watch a lot of TV.. but... there is really nothing on regular channels.