What are you watching/streaming?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad I found this thread! I have searching for something else to watch on Netflix besides Lucifer. I have watched the whole series over and over. Also have watched Riverdale series twice.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally completed last years episodes of a program I recorded from PBS: All Creatures Great and Small. I absolutely love it. I had tears in my eyes during the Christmas program. It is such a kind, joyful, well written, acted, series. Such a nice story about kindness, caring, animals, etc. It is wonderful.

The third season begins in September.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We gave up Netflix a few months ago. Still have Hulu and I got Discovery+. I pretty much stay with D+, simply because there's so much stuff to watch. Rick started watching D+ because he really likes Maine Cabin Masters. At this point, we could give up Hulu, too, for a while, and not miss it.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally completed last years episodes of a program I recorded from PBS: All Creatures Great and Small. I absolutely love it. I had tears in my eyes during the Christmas program. It is such a kind, joyful, well written, acted, series. Such a nice story about kindness, caring, animals, etc. It is wonderful.

The third season begins in September.
I read those books when I was in middle school back in the 80’s, along with other animal stories like Black Beauty, and Where the Red Fern Grows. My dad read Where the Red Fern Grows much later as an adult and was surprised at how emotionally effective the writing was.

All Creatures Great and Small is a great series of books if you ever get the chance to read them. The number of tv and movie adaptations are a testament to their popularity.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Right now, I am finishing up Yellowstone, on Peacock. I am halfway through the last season. What I have discovered is that it is really addicting.. and that I cannot watch it before I go to bed. It keeps me up!! I am such a wimp!!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We're watching the newest season of Grantchester on PBS--two more episodes to go. They're getting away from the murder mysteries and spending a lot of time on the soap opera-ish lives of the characters which makes it less interesting to me.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
We're watching the newest season of Grantchester on PBS--two more episodes to go. They're getting away from the murder mysteries and spending a lot of time on the soap opera-ish lives of the characters which makes it less interesting to me.
Oh NO... only 4-5 episodes of Grantchester!! and they are playing up the soap opera, instead of the great investigative team of Geordi and Will!! Oh no!! ugh... one of my favorite series.. I record them, to binge watch... ugh...

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband downloaded A Rat In The Kitchen, which I've now watched three episodes of. It's fun and lighthearted.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Finished Trollhunters. Not the ending I expected, but definitely interested in the follow up series 3 Below.
Hubby passed on Obi Wan and went for some Marvel action, so we’ve started up on Hawkeye.
I’m digging my Korean series, Alchemy of Souls; just enough soap blended with martial magic. 😉

beckatron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm watching Charmed (late 90s early 00s not the reboot) and I think I started watching it because my newish kitten was named after Prue Halliwell... (littermates were Phoebe Piper Leo)

It makes me laugh! I especially enjoy the special effects whenever they vanquish a demon, and the logic/plotholes and sassy dialog. Quite enjoyable and nostalgic for the fashion

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry if I missed it somewhere on here, but has anyone tried the streaming service Shudder? As a horror movie person, curious if it is worth it.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t use streaming services - tried Netflix a couple of years ago, didn’t find anything I liked enough to pay $10 a month for. I’m currently watching all my M* A* S* H series 4-11 DVDs for the umpteenth time. I usually watch things multiple times on DVD. It’s background while I knit (or read TCS 😏) and my mother doesn’t remember them from one time to the next, so it works out well.

Besides, Phoebe loves watching Time Team.

993A3E1C-FD3E-4B12-88A8-D9FBB80CF004.jpeg

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Finished Hawkeye with hubby, we both enjoyed it. Superhero mayhem with some pretty good humor mixed in.
We’ve moved on to Moon Knight for our next “together series”.

I cruised through Sandman, it’s definitely got that gothic fantasy feel.
Midnight Mass kept coming up in my feed, so I bit. Wow, that is one twisted tale that will probably stick with me for a while.

I am working through Shameless and A Series of Unfortunate Events, best taken in small bites.

I was disappointed that the next episodes of Alchemy of Souls didn’t come up this weekend. There are supposedly 4 more left.
I also picked up on The Extraordinary Attorney Woo (about a high functioning autistic attorney). I feel they handle the characters very well, it has a lightheartedness without losing some of the serious points.