What are you watching/streaming?

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
The Good Place is an outstanding show. I've finished (or watched what's been released of) The Boys, The Magicians, Black Mirror (skip the first episode, watch it last or you may be turned off from the show forever), The Umbrella Academy, Supernatural and currently rewatching all Mythbusters episodes. For movies, I did see WW1984, 6 Underground (with Ryan Reynolds), The Gentlemen, and rewatched The Quiet Place (in anticipation for the 2nd one, plus I love studying sign language) and my favorite movie of all time Scott Pilgrim vs The World.
Yes, I am a huge media nerd 🤓

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We watched the first episode of The Good Place last night. Very fun!

Netflix is releasing a new season of Kim’s Convenience on June 2. It’s on my calendar with a reminder so we don’t miss it.

We’re also plowing through old episodes of Columbo from the early ‘70s. I remember liking it, but not so much now. It’s amazing, though, how many major actors starred on the show.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Netflix is releasing a new season of Kim’s Convenience on June 2. It’s on my calendar with a reminder so we don’t miss it.
I just finished watching it on YouTube, since it’s been out for ages in Canada. Won’t spoil it for you, but it doesn’t really work for a final season, imo. I have mixed feelings about the fact there’s going to be a spin-off show about Sharon, instead of more KC. I like her character well enough, but she’s hardly my favourite from the cast.

Happy that you’re enjoying the Good Place!

I’m starting the first episode of Jupiter’s Legacy as I type this haha.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have mixed feelings about the fact there’s going to be a spin-off show about Sharon, instead of more KC.
Do you mean Shannon? I don't remember a character named Sharon. Hmm, not sure how I feel about a Shannon spinoff either. She's good as a quirky side character, not sure how to make her a main character. We'll see I guess.
We watched the first episode of The Good Place last night. Very fun!
I've only watched it sporadically, and have a vague idea of the plot twists, but it is fun! I need to watch it all the way through.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you mean Shannon? I don't remember a character named Sharon. Hmm, not sure how I feel about a Shannon spinoff either. She's good as a quirky side character, not sure how to make her a main character. We'll see I guess.
Shannon, yes — was on my phone and autocorrect got me!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mr. Meow Mr. Meow How was umbrella academy? That's on my list of shows to watch. I used to watch Supernatural and loved how it was like a mini horror movie each episode. Maybe watched the first couple of seasons.

I tried the Good Place, but it was hard to get into and not my type of humor. Hearing what the show was about though had me in high hopes I would like it!

Still watching Lost In Space, and oh boy, the drama.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Hmm, not sure how I feel about a Shannon spinoff either.
I know how I feel about it. I wouldn’t watch it! I find her extremely annoying. She’s fine as a secondary character, but as a main character, she’d drive me nuts!

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how I feel about it. I wouldn’t watch it! I find her extremely annoying. She’s fine as a secondary character, but as a main character, she’d drive me nuts!
She really benefits from Jung as a foil, but yeah, she’s a bit of a tired stereotype of a crazy cat lady in some ways, which isn’t my favourite. Why is it when women in the media that have cats (especially if they’re in their 30 or older) have to be miserable about the state of their lives 🙄 Also I find it unforgivable they go on and on about her cats, and they never got any screentime lmao.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Mr. Meow Mr. Meow How was umbrella academy? That's on my list of shows to watch. I used to watch Supernatural and loved how it was like a mini horror movie each episode. Maybe watched the first couple of seasons.
The Umbrella Academy was good. Follows along the path we've seen in movies where just because someone has powers doesn't mean they don't have flaws 😁

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, peak insanity season. That show kind of went a little crazy after they ran out of the original material. . .
Yes, it did. Even Michael Landon said they all had better things to do when they canceled the show after 9 years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Netflix drops the remaining eight episodes of Season 5 of Lucifer today!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this is an old thread but I have been watching a very entertaining series on HBO Max called Ghosts. It’s light, funny, PG rated and three seasons long about a couple that inherit a run down mansion complete with a houseful of sometimes helpful ghosts

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
I’m working my way through an old show called Warehouse 13. I started watching it on Amazon Prime, but it had commercials and was driving me nuts. I checked and found the whole series on DVD at my local library! :woo: I’m enjoying it so much more now that it isn’t interrupted every seven or eight minutes by some annoying commercials for things I will NEVER buy!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this is an old thread but I have been watching a very entertaining series on HBO Max called Ghosts. It’s light, funny, PG rated and three seasons long about a couple that inherit a run down mansion complete with a houseful of sometimes helpful ghosts
I just saw an ad on CBS for a new show called Ghosts. Do you think it's the same one? Looks funny. I would think that if it were popular enough online they might take it to network TV.