What are you watching/streaming?

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just started watching Fate: The Winx Saga. Really good so far and love the fantasy, adventure, mystery, and school feel to it.

I just finished Sex Education, season two. That is one of my feel good, funny shows and sad I already made it through season two that just posted. That is one of the few funny shows that makes me laugh.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. She was abused by her brother. Awful. She's a true survivor and a great storyteller. If you have a Kindle I can loan you my copy.

Lucky you! I am still a fan of his and yes, he was very handsome.
Thanks, but I don't have a Kindel.

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We’re streaming Schitt’s Creek on Netflix. It took two or three episodes to get into, it but we love it! We’re on Season 3. Each episode is only about 22 minutes so it won’t take long to get through six seasons.
I'm Canadian, so could have been watching from the very first episode, and yet for some reason have never watched at all. :paperbag:
Finally started watching Schitt's Creek a few weeks ago, and I love it. Can't believe I could have watched it as the episodes originally aired, but I guess this way I get to watch the entire series without having to wait between seasons. I'm currently on season 3.

I've been watching a TV show called Heartland every night and it's so good! I'll be sad when it ends.
That's another Canadian show I've never watched. Maybe I'll check it out next.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's the best TV show you'll ever watch! you totally should check it out some time.
It's weird I've never watched it, since I love horses. And, of course, I've seen the commercials tons of times, so I kinda feel like I know some of the characters already. I bet the little sister isn't so little anymore.

I have to put Schitt's Creek
The characters are quirky, but likable. I was a bit surprised at the first f-bomb as I wasn't expecting it, but they're nowhere as excessive as in The Trailer Park Boys.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
That's another Canadian show I've never watched. Maybe I'll check it out next.
Two other Canadian shows I really enjoyed were the quirky Corner Gas, which ran for about six seasons (ended in 2009 I think), and Kim’s Convenience, a current series. Both fun with great characters. Corner Gas is now running as an animated show. I haven’t watched that.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a bit surprised at the first f-bomb as I wasn't expecting it, but they're nowhere as excessive as in The Trailer Park Boys.
I honestly wonder why Schitt's Creek is rated M, because the swearing is rare and there aren't any graphic sex scenes. Not really any non-graphic sex scenes either, now that I think of it. Some kissing/making out and implications, that's about it.

I just downloaded Trailer Park Boys, hope I like it!

I'll have to try Heartland.
Two other Canadian shows I really enjoyed were the quirky Corner Gas, which ran for about six seasons (ended in 2009 I think), and Kim’s Convenience
I love Corner Gas. I think rural Saskatchewan culture is pretty similar to this area so I relate to Lacey a lot, lol. I just finished Kim's Convenience (well, one more season to go but Netflix doesn't have it up yet) and I like that one too, not as much as Corner Gas though.

I heard Netflix was getting Pushing Daisies but I don't see it yet. I really want them to get that one; it's a great show, cancelled way too soon.

Last edited:

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
heard Netflix was getting Pushing Daisies but I don't see it yet. I really want them to get that one, it was cancelled way too soon
That would be lovely. There’s no way for me to legally watch it here, as all of the streaming services it’s on are only in the US iirc.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Two other Canadian shows I really enjoyed were the quirky Corner Gas, which ran for about six seasons (ended in 2009 I think), and Kim’s Convenience, a current series. Both fun with great characters. Corner Gas is now running as an animated show. I haven’t watched that.
I've never watched those either, so should add them to the must-watch list.

A newer Canadian series that you guys might want to check out is "Jann". It stars Jann Arden, who is a Canadian singer, and she is basically portraying a more eccentric version of herself. I've only seen a few episodes, but I enjoyed them.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend suggested Lost in Space and I am really enjoying it so far. Drama, suspense, almost horror movie scary at times, and some light hearted and funny times.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend suggested Lost in Space and I am really enjoying it so far. Drama, suspense, almost horror movie scary at times, and some light hearted and funny times.
I’ve wanted to watch that for a while. I watched the first episode and forgot about it; Maybe I’ll resume it. Our family friend did the sound for it.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve wanted to watch that for a while. I watched the first episode and forgot about it; Maybe I’ll resume it. Our family friend did the sound for it.
Oh, please let me know if you finish it! Would be neat to discuss and hear what you think.

That's so neat! What sounds did the family friend work on? I really enjoyed some of the music. At one point, it reminded me of Jurassic park music and made me feel nostalgic. It seemed really fitting for that scene.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, please let me know if you finish it! Would be neat to discuss and hear what you think.

That's so neat! What sounds did the family friend work on? I really enjoyed some of the music. At one point, it reminded me of Jurassic park music and made me feel nostalgic. It seemed really fitting for that scene.
Yeah, definitely will!
My bad, I should have been clearer. He did the sound effects, not the music. (But I’m sure the music is amazing. I love tv/movie soundtracks.)

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, definitely will!
My bad, I should have been clearer. He did the sound effects, not the music. (But I’m sure the music is amazing. I love tv/movie soundtracks.)
Kool! Thank you for clarifying. I kind of felt that was what you meant and asked to clarify, but still wanted to share how the music affected me, even if it wasn't related to the person you knew. It will be neat to watch and pay attention to the sound effects now!