What are you watching/streaming?

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I recently watched Unorthodox on Netflix and I would thoroughly recommend it. If anyone else is interested in the subject matter, the actress playing the protagonist is also in the film Shtisel, also on Netflix.

I watch a lot of Korean dramas and some that I've particularly enjoyed during lockdown are Extraordinary You, The Liar and His Lover and Hi, Bye Mama - these can also be found on Netflix.
I can give you some recs for Kdramas, though you might need to use Viki rather than Netflix! I highly suggest the Let's Eat series (3 seasons) as well as Just Between Lovers (aka Rain or Shine) and my first favorite kdrama, Shut Up! Flower Boy Band

these days I've started watching the anime Haikyu! It's a sports anime about a high school volleyball team. It's essentially Slam Dunk (the quintessential sports anime from the 90s), but it's pretty good. Makes me wish I had more passion and more time to pursue a passion.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can give you some recs for Kdramas
I love historical Kdramas! Great Queen Seon Deok and Chuno are my favorites.

I was planning on watching the latest season of Doctor Who on HBO Max, but it is not supported by the Firestick. I got the free week trial on Hulu even though I have HBO Max through regular HBO because I was considering switching to the Hulu version so that I can watch Doctor Who on my TV rather than my laptop. For whatever reason, the Hulu HBO Max does not have Doctor Who. How does that make sense?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Seeing which show I want to binge watch on Investigation Discovery. Or I may buy IT part 2 to watch.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been watching Veep. I saw the first 5 seasons a few years ago but never got around to finishing the series, so I've rewatched the first 5 and I'm now watching the last 2 seasons.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121 OMG, I loved Keeping up Appearances! Hyacinth was a hoot. "It's Bou-quet!" when everybody knew it was Bucket. It used to be on our PBS station late at night and I always tried to stay up to watch it.

I also liked As Time Goes By.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121 OMG, I loved Keeping up Appearances! Hyacinth was a hoot. "It's Bou-quet!" when everybody knew it was Bucket. It used to be on our PBS station late at night and I always tried to stay up to watch it.

It's such a good show. She's hilarious. They have some clip videos on Youtube. This is one of my faves:

This one too on Bucket/Bouquet

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just finished binge watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer....all 7 seasons. I started 2 weeks ago, but the last 3 seasons I managed to get thru in about 4 days. Yup, for 4 days, I was lazy and pretty much only got up to cook, eat and use the bathroom...I also stayed clean. I needed it though, and now I have the energy to get back to cleaning.
I now have a permanent dent in my couch lol!
I've just started season 2 of Buffy! Definitely reliving my youth watching this :lol: Oh how I’ve missed Spike...😆

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I never really liked "Keeping up Appearances," but I love "As Time Goes By." Maybe because I adore Judy Dench!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought IT Part 2 as I have Part 1. Watched half last night but got sleepy. Will watch the rest tonight. Stephen King made an appearance in Part 2 as an elderly store keeper that George bought his old bike back from.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We stream a lot of shows on Acorn. We just finished Balthazar (in French with English subtitles) and My Life Is Murder. We’ve been watching Dead Still, a new episode of which has been released each Monday for the past five weeks. The last will be on next Monday. Quirky and different.

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bought IT Part 2 as I have Part 1. Watched half last night but got sleepy. Will watch the rest tonight. Stephen King made an appearance in Part 2 as an elderly store keeper that George bought his old bike back from.
I didn’t know that! I need to go back and rewatch it now! 🤡🎈

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn’t know that! I need to go back and rewatch it now! 🤡🎈
I have to read the book again. There's a lot of stuff in Part II that I don't remember from the book. While I still love the Tim Curry's Pennywise best, Bill Skargard did a very good job of Pennywise. I like Bill Skargard too though. I remember him from Hemlock Grove