What are you watching/streaming?

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
The British "Ghosts" is so much fun! We have watched it through a couple of times.

My husband and I have been watching three series: "Reservation Dogs," "Only Murders In the Building," and "Squid Game." My daughter recommended "Squid Game" and got upset when I texted her part way through the first episode and asked her to tell me if I am right about the ending. I know that Ali is going to die, and I am already upset. We are just starting episode three.

(Slightly cryptic spoilers: If you have watched it, by the time the man who is running the whole thing was about six sentences into his conversation with Seong I was 99% certain it was him. The first game confirmed it without a doubt.)

I have my guesses for "Only Murders In the Building." I was right about what happened to the girl. I need to know if I am correct about Tim.
I'm in LOVE with Reservation Dogs. I keep meaning to check out Squid Game, too! Everyone has good things to say about it

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in LOVE with Reservation Dogs. I keep meaning to check out Squid Game, too! Everyone has good things to say about it
Reservation Dogs is fantastic! I am one episode behind what is currently out.

I did not think I would like Squid Game because the general premise seemed too upsetting for me, however, because I tend to like Korean series and movies because of how they tell stories, I thought I would give it a go. It has not disappointed me. We just finished episode five.

Two series I would recommend for great storytelling and phenomenal acting: The Detectorists and Fleabag. If you have not seen either, I would recommend them. They are very different from each other. The Detectorists is what I would call a "soft" series. No real action except the car/scooter race. But it is heartwarming and makes you feel good after watching it. The first episode does not do it justice, so if you--or anyone else--start watching and think to end after the first episode, keep watching!

It took me two tries to watch Fleabag because it is a bit vulgar, especially the first season. But, after hearing so many good things about it, I got past the first 15 minutes and started to actually watch it. It is wonderful!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I finished Midnight Mass last night on HBO. It was a better horror series than I expected. And afterwards I intended to watch just a few minutes of the Diana musical that I have been reading about. Generally I dislike musicals but in this case I enjoyed so much I stayed up much later than usual to keep watching it and will finish it tonight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I really enjoyed Midnight Mass.
Currently watching The Dead Files on Discovery+. I have it on in the bedroom when I'm on my iPad.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're slowly watching season 2 of Tiger King. We've got two episodes to go.

Also watching the Masked Singer and Survivor.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really enjoyed Midnight Mass.
Currently watching The Dead Files on Discovery+. I have it on in the bedroom when I'm on my iPad.
I have Discovery + with my Amazon Prime. Have you noticed the end of TDF is getting cut off? The part where Amy tells them how to handle the issue and the outcome?

I'm also watching House Hunters International. I will be checking out the new Sex and the City that starts tomorrow on HBO Max but my expectations are low.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I have Discovery + with my Amazon Prime. Have you noticed the end of TDF is getting cut off? The part where Amy tells them how to handle the issue and the outcome?
Kat0121 Kat0121 You know, somebody on FB mentioned that, too. I do not have that problem. I can see where Amy tells them how to deal with things and then it will show the screen where it will say what they've done and whether the activity has decreased or continues. I put Discovery+ on the Firestick on the bedroom tv, but I didn't actually buy it through Prime; I bought the subscription through Discovery+. I wonder if that makes a difference?

Nonetheless, I cancelled my subscription. I can no longer access D+ on the Samsung in the WeShed. And there's an incredible amount of buffering on the bedroom TV; that's the one with the Firestick. D+ did work with me, but everything they told me to do doesn't work for the long haul. I'll get it back on the WeShed Samsung for a day. As soon as I turn the TV off and then turn it back on, the gray screen comes back and I can no longer access D+. They're saying it's because my internet speeds aren't fast enough. But I have cable internet and we have the next to the highest internet speed now. The speed is fine for Hulu and Netflix. I don't get it.

I started watching Medium in the WeShed.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121 You know, somebody on FB mentioned that, too. I do not have that problem. I can see where Amy tells them how to deal with things and then it will show the screen where it will say what they've done and whether the activity has decreased or continues. I put Discovery+ on the Firestick on the bedroom tv, but I didn't actually buy it through Prime; I bought the subscription through Discovery+. I wonder if that makes a difference?

Nonetheless, I cancelled my subscription. I can no longer access D+ on the Samsung in the WeShed. And there's an incredible amount of buffering on the bedroom TV; that's the one with the Firestick. D+ did work with me, but everything they told me to do doesn't work for the long haul. I'll get it back on the WeShed Samsung for a day. As soon as I turn the TV off and then turn it back on, the gray screen comes back and I can no longer access D+. They're saying it's because my internet speeds aren't fast enough. But I have cable internet and we have the next to the highest internet speed now. The speed is fine for Hulu and Netflix. I don't get it.

I started watching Medium in the WeShed.
Maybe. I use Roku for streaming. No other shows have that issue for me so I haven't been watching TDF in a while. I got a free month of HBO max with the new Roku I git for my room. I started it up today to watch the new Sex and the City. It starts today. Episodes 1 and 2. My expectations are low but we'll see. It I don't like it I can cancel before the trial period ends.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I just finished Kamikazi on HBO. It’s a Danish series and usually I don’t have the patience for foreign films but this one was very compelling and watchable.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe. I use Roku for streaming. No other shows have that issue for me so I haven't been watching TDF in a while. I got a free month of HBO max with the new Roku I git for my room. I started it up today to watch the new Sex and the City. It starts today. Episodes 1 and 2. My expectations are low but we'll see. It I don't like it I can cancel before the trial period ends.
Most of the streaming channels will offer you a free trial period - anywhere from a week to a month before you have to pay anything. So if you are diligent about tracking your free periods and cancelling before they end you can have months of free streaming and each will be back again in a few months offering a free or extremely cheap trial to you again.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Wasnt Midnight Mass much better than you were expecting? I really enjoyed it as well.
susanm9006 susanm9006 It was excellent. I wasn't expecting it to be so interesting. The guy who played the priest was in a sitcom years ago (The New Adventures of Old Christine) and I had only seen him do comedy. He did a great priest. Overall, I really enjoyed the series.