What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Van Cliburn playing Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto Number 1 in B Flat Minor, first movement. I fell in love with this work when he won the International Tchaikovsky Competition back in the very early 60s. My mom bought me the recording, which I still have. However, I'm listening to it from CD on my laptop. It still gives me the shivers.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In between my wash loads tonight, I noticed the nice quiet after reading your question. A few cars going by. Can't wait until my loads are done. I need a new washer, it is very, very loud when it goes into a spin, not good for my ears. I send Speedy down cellar to look around so she doesn't have to hear it. It sounds like the washing drum is going to fly right out the window.:dizzy::eek2::paranoid: I will replace or repair when I save some more. When I am done the washing, I will make sure to appreciate the quiet thanks to seeing these postings.:)

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
If your machine is a Samsung, you may have a recall replacement coming. They get so badly out of balance they literally fly apart. Otherwise, your drum is probably off-balance. If it's removable, as some are, take it out and see if there's anything under it. You can also see if it's worn at the same time.

Our worn-out garbage disposer sounded like it was going to fly out of the sink. The racket was awful and it really wasn't grinding the food. It was only about 30 years old, too.

Quiet is nice, isn't it? Especially after a lot of racket. Enjoy it. Of course, quiet is relative. We live close to a large private airport that's also a general heliport and a Life Flight base. We're also in the landing path of our huge Intercontinental Airport. AND we're about a block from a busy railroad track. Strangely, over time we quit hearing most of it.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The Polish hens catercorner to us are clucking. They have very quiet voices for hens and rarely sound off, but one of the neighborhood cats is sleeping near their coop and upsetting them.

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The air conditioner in the bedroom, it's loud. Most nights that's ok, because I appreciate the cool. But sometimes all it is, is a ROAR in my ear...

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm listening to the lovely patter of the rain. Chicqui went outside and sat on the part of the patio that has an overhang. That is until she heard a :storm: and ran back in. We have the front door open and she's enjoying it from the safety of the living room rug.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Why are you up so early on a Sunday morning, listening to birds? You should be snoring along with the kids. That's a much better sound at this hour.
Honey, I am up every single morning (weekends and holidays included) at 3:30 a.m. I may not get out of bed to feed the brats until 5:00, but I am awake at 3:30. The brats make sure of that. And once, I'm awake, I don't easily fall back asleep.

I listened to Kenny Wayne Shepherd on my way into work this morning.

Miry-Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm listening to my youngest and her sleepover friend eat their breakfast while watching cartoons. I cringe because I know that several of the shows theme songs will inevitably be running through my mind for the rest of the day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Right now, some birds outside.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A very loud cricket outside my window that doesn't ever shut up. That and my fans blowing.

Van Cliburn playing Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto Number 1 in B Flat Minor, first movement.
His Moonlight Sonata is amazing.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I can hear the sprinkler. I turned it on to water the vegetable garden.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
All I can hear is the air conditioner.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue jay chattering. Crows. Airplanes going over. A robin singing. The wind through the leaves in the trees outside our windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.