Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Discussion in 'The Cat Lounge' started by AbbysMom, Jul 14, 2017.

1. AbbysMom

AbbysMom Thread Starter At Abby's beck and call Staff Member Moderator

May 18, 2005
    Massachusetts
    It can be a song, sounds, etc.

Right now I can can hear cows mooing. :flail:

What are you listening to?

2. muffy

muffy TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 9, 2014
    Maryland
    Silence.

raysmyheart purraised this.

3. Mother Dragon

Mother Dragon Cat slave Super Cat

Oct 17, 2006
    Suburban Houston, TX
    Van Cliburn playing Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto Number 1 in B Flat Minor, first movement. I fell in love with this work when he won the International Tchaikovsky Competition back in the very early 60s. My mom bought me the recording, which I still have. However, I'm listening to it from CD on my laptop. It still gives me the shivers.

1CatOverTheLine and raysmyheart purraised this.

4. DreamerRose

DreamerRose TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 11, 2015
    Naperville, IL
    Distant traffic from a major road. It's too cool today for the insects to be chirping. I love the quiet of the evenings.

Patrisha Middlebrookes and raysmyheart purraised this.

5. raysmyheart

raysmyheart TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 21, 2015
    Massachusetts
    In between my wash loads tonight, I noticed the nice quiet after reading your question. A few cars going by. Can't wait until my loads are done. I need a new washer, it is very, very loud when it goes into a spin, not good for my ears. I send Speedy down cellar to look around so she doesn't have to hear it. It sounds like the washing drum is going to fly right out the window.:dizzy::eek2::paranoid: I will replace or repair when I save some more. When I am done the washing, I will make sure to appreciate the quiet thanks to seeing these postings.:)

Patrisha Middlebrookes purraised this.

6. Mother Dragon

Oct 17, 2006
    Suburban Houston, TX
    If your machine is a Samsung, you may have a recall replacement coming. They get so badly out of balance they literally fly apart. Otherwise, your drum is probably off-balance. If it's removable, as some are, take it out and see if there's anything under it. You can also see if it's worn at the same time.

Our worn-out garbage disposer sounded like it was going to fly out of the sink. The racket was awful and it really wasn't grinding the food. It was only about 30 years old, too.

Quiet is nice, isn't it? Especially after a lot of racket. Enjoy it. Of course, quiet is relative. We live close to a large private airport that's also a general heliport and a Life Flight base. We're also in the landing path of our huge Intercontinental Airport. AND we're about a block from a busy railroad track. Strangely, over time we quit hearing most of it.

7. MoochNNoodles

MoochNNoodles Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Apr 30, 2005
    Where my cats are
    DH mowing the lawn and the kids Mickey Mouse cartoon in the other room.

8. jcat

jcat Mo(w)gli's can opener Staff Member Moderator

Feb 13, 2003
    Mo(w)gli Monster's Lair
    The Polish hens catercorner to us are clucking. They have very quiet voices for hens and rarely sound off, but one of the neighborhood cats is sleeping near their coop and upsetting them.

9. Winchester

Winchester TCS Member Veteran

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    Mollipop is sitting on her pillow by the window next to me and she's chittering madly at the chirping birds.

10. Docs Mom

Docs Mom TCS Member Alpha Cat

Dec 13, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    The air conditioner in the bedroom, it's loud. Most nights that's ok, because I appreciate the cool. But sometimes all it is, is a ROAR in my ear...

11. Mother Dragon

Oct 17, 2006
    Suburban Houston, TX
    Why are you up so early on a Sunday morning, listening to birds? You should be snoring along with the kids. That's a much better sound at this hour.

foxxycat purraised this.

12. debbila

debbila TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 8, 2016
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm listening to the lovely patter of the rain. Chicqui went outside and sat on the part of the patio that has an overhang. That is until she heard a :storm: and ran back in. We have the front door open and she's enjoying it from the safety of the living room rug.

13. Winchester

Winchester TCS Member Veteran

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    Honey, I am up every single morning (weekends and holidays included) at 3:30 a.m. I may not get out of bed to feed the brats until 5:00, but I am awake at 3:30. The brats make sure of that. And once, I'm awake, I don't easily fall back asleep.

I listened to Kenny Wayne Shepherd on my way into work this morning.

14. Miry-Mom

Miry-Mom TCS Member Adult Cat

Jul 5, 2017
    Jasper, Ga
    I'm listening to my youngest and her sleepover friend eat their breakfast while watching cartoons. I cringe because I know that several of the shows theme songs will inevitably be running through my mind for the rest of the day.

15. sivyaleah

sivyaleah TCS Member Veteran

Dec 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    Air pushing through vents, and someone typing

16. AbbysMom

May 18, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Right now, some birds outside.

17. kashmir64

kashmir64 TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 9, 2017
    Arizona
    A very loud cricket outside my window that doesn't ever shut up. That and my fans blowing.

His Moonlight Sonata is amazing.

18. AbbysMom

May 18, 2005
    Massachusetts
    I can hear the sprinkler. I turned it on to water the vegetable garden.

19. AbbysMom

May 18, 2005
    Massachusetts
    All I can hear is the air conditioner.

20. PushPurrCatPaws

PushPurrCatPaws TCS Member Top Cat

May 22, 2015
    Blue jay chattering. Crows. Airplanes going over. A robin singing. The wind through the leaves in the trees outside our windows.

[​IMG] [​IMG]