What are You Getting Your SO/Friends/Etc?

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I am at a loss...I have no clue what to get B for Christmas. Actually, I'm getting him an air purifier for our bedroom to see if it helps with his allergies, but that's it. He needs something else, as I know he has already gotten me a few items.

So...what are you getting your people? Maybe we could bounce ideas off of each other and help people get some ideas. :)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mine gets freezing cold feet sitting in his recliner so I'm getting him bison socks from Southwest indian

You could maybe look into ancestry . com

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari Good answer! ;)

There is something that all our family members look forward to getting every Christmas. It’s something each generation has given to the next one coming up for at least 60 years. If you like the Partridge in a pear tree theme.... this works! There is a company called “Harry and David” that has their own orchard and they have these Royal Riviera Pears that melt in your mouth. If you ever had the soft canned pears in heavy syrup, these put them to shame! They are fresh picked and the company packs them so that within a couple of days after arrival the first pear is perfect to eat. You can tell one is ready by giving a little squeeze. Slightly soft and my mouth starts to water! Each day another is ripe. You bite into them and they are soft and the juice will pour down your chin! Lol Naturally sweet and wonderful. If I didn’t get a box, it wouldn’t seem like Christmas. The company has lots of other fruit but these are the Christmas time jewels! I send them to younger family members as they were sent to me. I can remember my Grandmother cutting them up into a bowl for me when I was very little. I would have turned down candy to get a pear. The company guarantees them. I’m already looking forward to them this year. (I will note here that I don’t like the kind of pears they have later in the year, just these. Lol)

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele is so difficult to buy for, that I don't know what to get her, either. One year I got her a pair of diamond stud earrings. I had to save for a long time to buy them, and she has worn them maybe a dozen times, and not once in the last 10 years. The year before she retired, her watch died, and she needed one with a sweep second hand for work. I got her a nice one, and she almost never wears it any more. If she wants something, she has the means to buy it herself, and often does so. Clothes? Most of what I get her is worn a few times before going to Goodwill, so I'm in the same boat as far as Christmas presents go. What do you get for the person who has all she wants?.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my Mom doesn't want a thing. If I got her something she'd throw me out of the house (money and her age) so I'm buying some toys for the cats. They seems more appreciative of things I buy then the humans I know. My cousin who's been a big help to me over the years, I'll treat him to what he likes and wants, pizza and beer. I'm not loaded with money because of past bills and the cats so I do what I can. Hopefully if I get good at the knitting and latch hook I can make gifts for people next year.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is a company called “Harry and David” that has their own orchard and they have these Royal Riviera Pears that melt in your mouth.

I love Harry and David :) I've never had the pears, though. The Moose Munch is good.

I only buy presents for one friend and her family. So far I have bought a pair of thick winter socks, a hanging glass chicken figurine, imported European chocolates, and imported European chocolate covered marshmallows. The last two were bought from a local shop that has a lot of imported food gifts. I still need to get two more, one for my friend's pets and something from a local specialty nut shop.

Locally owned gift and specialty shops are good places to find unusual and unique gifts:agree: If I can get up early tomorrow, I'll head to the holiday pop up shops downtown.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My husband is almost impossible to buy for, though he is wearing the fleece jacket I got him last Christmas. This year he's getting a snake (inspection) camera, which should come in handy with these old houses that constantly need repairs (one was built in the Middle Ages).

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've already gotten my mother a scarf because she said she needs a new one - she's always pretty hard to buy for because she doesn't normally have anything in mind, so I'm glad I had something to work on this year lol. I'll probably also get her some chocolates or a perfume as an additional gift.
I've already got my friend something too, but want to give her some bigger gifts but don't have an idea yet, since what I got her is just a gimmicky present.