What are you feeding your cat?

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My picky kitty likes Tiny Tiger, American Journey, (both Chewy brands) and Sheba best, but she will also eat Fancy Feast and Friskies if I don't give her another choice (I won't ;) )

If she needs encouraging, I'll sprinkle on some freeze dried treats or food (she loves Wysong Archetype Quail)

She does have a bowl of dry for overnight with a tbsp or two, and that usually has Instinct in it.

Ravensong

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wysong Epigen 90 kibble
I just bought some of this, as it looks to be one of the better dry foods, nutritionally.

I adopted both of my girls in December, and they were both raised on dry (Meow Mix and Blue). I transitioned the one on MM immediately to Blue, so they have both been eating that. I also give them wet - although it's very hard to get them to eat it. They seem to like Friskies (Tuna Feast in Gravy) and I also have been trying Sheba and Fussie Cat. The cats I lost last year loved Sheba, and they also were eating Friskies pate.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
For wet, I feed Friskies, Tiny Tiger, Fancy Feast, and Purina Pro Plan True Nature. If they are on sale, my cats also like Weruva Cats in the Kitchen, but that's rare. For dry, I've been feeding Purina Pro Plan Sensitive, but I think I'm going to mix in a bag of Purina One Sensitive when their current bag runs low- PPP is very high in calories and even though I feed the smallest amount of dry, Dexter is starting to get chunky.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All 3 of my cats get Dr. Elsey’s Cleanprotein kibble in the chicken flavour for dry. My boys (much less picky) are on Nulo Freestyle pates for their wet- specifically the ones that come in big cans because they’re more economical, so Turkey&chicken, tuna&duck, and salmon&mackerel. My girl, Mindy, only likes chunks in gravy. Right now she’s on Simply Nourish, but I’m hoping to switch her to something a little higher quality (Weruva or Tikicat probably) once it’s financially feasible/accessible. It’s worth noting I live in Canada, where we have a much narrower brand selection than the states and what we do have is hard to find and significantly more expensive.
Everyone here will have different standards and methods for feeding their cats- personally, my goal is to never feed my cats anything that is rated less than 8/10 paws on the cat food database (catfooddb.com).

Im also in Canada. Pet Valu carries the larger 10 oz cans of paw licken chicken (cheaper than the 5 oz cans, by weight) if you buy a case of 12 cans, you will also get 5 percent off.....they also have a seniors discount day during the week.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee and Fudge were semi feral when we first adopted them, so this means they're luckily not picky about what they eat. Ironically, the only thing they've turned their noses up at was Sheba Gourmet cat soup. We normally feed them Harrington's dry or Whiskas when they have wet food.

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Between Sylvie's intolerance to chicken (and, to a lesser extent, turkey) and her fussy palate, the menu here is very limited and very expensive. The mainstay is Rawz rabbit--Sylvie likes both the plain variety and the one with pumpkin--with occasional meals of freeze-dried raw food as a treat. The current selection is Stella & Chewy Duck Duck Goose. I'm thinking the next one will be Primal Pork, since I know she loves that one, too.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last week I decided to return Delilah to Sheba for wet and Crave Indoor for dry. Her stomach seems to be more normal since the change.

MaineCoonMom32

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We recently brought home a 7 month old Maine Coon. Her breeder was feeding dry with an occasional wet food treat. We’ve transitioned her to wet only but she refuses to eat anything other than the Purina Pro Plan true nature kitten and Blue Buffalo high protein, grain free kitten salmon. I just bought a whole bunch of different kinds to try and she snubs every last one of them. So I guess we’ll be sticking with this for the foreseeable future.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We recently brought home a 7 month old Maine Coon. Her breeder was feeding dry with an occasional wet food treat. We’ve transitioned her to wet only but she refuses to eat anything other than the Purina Pro Plan true nature kitten and Blue Buffalo high protein, grain free kitten salmon. I just bought a whole bunch of different kinds to try and she snubs every last one of them. So I guess we’ll be sticking with this for the foreseeable future.
Your worst wet is better than your best dry. You're already ahead of the game. Since she's still a kitten, let her eat what she'll eat so she can continue to grow. You literally have her whole life to try other foods with her. When she's older, I would encourage you to steer her away from fish for a few reasons. First, as you can already see, cats will snub other food and hold out for fish. It's not an ideal protein for cats and can be inflammatory. But the most important reason to hold off on fish is because it can be a powerful ally to restart a sick cat's eating or disguise medicine. Exceptional times require exceptional measures. But this only works if it is the exception. If you're feeding fish on the regular, you lose this "nuclear option."

MaineCoonMom32

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your worst wet is better than your best dry. You're already ahead of the game. Since she's still a kitten, let her eat what she'll eat so she can continue to grow. You literally have her whole life to try other foods with her. When she's older, I would encourage you to steer her away from fish for a few reasons. First, as you can already see, cats will snub other food and hold out for fish. It's not an ideal protein for cats and can be inflammatory. But the most important reason to hold off on fish is because it can be a powerful ally to restart a sick cat's eating or disguise medicine. Exceptional times require exceptional measures. But this only works if it is the exception. If you're feeding fish on the regular, you lose this "nuclear option."
Thank you! I learned just yesterday of the many reasons to avoid feeding fish on a daily basis. After we run out of the salmon, I won’t be getting anymore. Well, I may keep a couple on hand for if she stops eating, needs meds, etc. That’s a really good tip on why to hold off on feeding it daily. I hadn’t thought about using it as an exception.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have started my cat Maggie on earthborn chicken. She loves it! High protein,low carb. Chicken stew texture.