What are you cats favourite toys?

chipmunk-kim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nubs really likes this weird skunk-tail shape thing. He has always played with it and carried it around in his mouth everywhere when he was little. He also likes the caps off of milk jugs, and he loves to play with wine bottle corks.

booperdoodle71

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Opal's favorite toy is her "Baby" a rolled up pair of socks. She'll carry her Baby all over the house catterwalling and then she leaves it in my bed. Some mornings I find about 4 or 5 in and around my bed! Especially if I didn't acknowledge the first "bringing of the Baby"!!!

nessakhoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat's immune to catnip. Where can I get honey suckle? Would anybody like to mail me any so I can try if she likes it? I'm in Asia.

Last edited by a moderator:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
My cat's immune to catnip. Where can I get honey suckle? Would anybody like to mail me any so I can try if she likes it? I'm in Asia. 
Just out of curiosity, I googled honesuckle for cats and discovered it is available in dried form on ebay among other sites.  I don't know what kinds of restrictions there are to sending it across national borders, however.  There might be quarantine regulations to consider.

Is honeysuckle available through nurseries and plant growers where you are?  It pretty much grows everywhere, even to the point of being considered an invasive weed in some places.

Check out this website for info on alternatives to cat nip:  http://news.petmeds.com/news/how-to/alternatives-to-catnip/ 

Good luck! 

Last edited by a moderator:

pompy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Felix loves plastic bags (only when supervised) and Da Bird!

This might be offputting to some, but I recently found out that he really likes playing with unused/unopened tampons. I think it's the sound the wrapper makes? He got into a box of them and started swatting and chasing them around the house until he opened the wrappers...not exactly the most pleasant thing to come home to. 

nessakhoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just out of curiosity, I googled honesuckle for cats and discovered it is available in dried form on ebay among other sites.  I don't know what kinds of restrictions there are to sending it across national borders, however.  There might be quarantine regulations to consider.

Is honeysuckle available through nurseries and plant growers where you are?  It pretty much grows everywhere, even to the point of being considered an invasive weed in some places.

Check out this website for info on alternatives to cat nip:  http://news.petmeds.com/news/how-to/alternatives-to-catnip/ 

Good luck! 

Thank u will check out eBay!

nessakhoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Felix loves plastic bags (only when supervised) and Da Bird!

This might be offputting to some, but I recently found out that he really likes playing with unused/unopened tampons. I think it's the sound the wrapper makes? He got into a box of them and started swatting and chasing them around the house until he opened the wrappers...not exactly the most pleasant thing to come home to. :bigwink:

She looks at the da bird like wth am I suppose to do with that. I think she isn't a cat. Sighs..
Will go home and try the tampon [emoji]128560[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

nessakhoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Omg guys , went to check out ebay -_- holy wooping 12usd for shipping where the mouse only cost 1 usd :/ anyone here willing to mail me some via slow mail and i will be glad to pay for postage and the honey suckle item :p 

tiptopper

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Play n squeak mouse-cats love this mouse but the noise (squeaks) can be annoying at 3am

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Cricket's favorite toy is the stick that the feathers were previously attached to. She used to pester me for bird! bird! But then the feather part broke off. I got a new one, but she has discovered she likes the stick part better.  I have to drag it around for her to stalk and pounce on.  She will lead me to the closet meowing stick! stick! Now!

Luciano loves the mouse on a wand & wire, but the wire has seen better days & the mouse is starting to shred. He got a lot of play out of it for three months, so I guess that's a good deal. I bought a replacement that is supposed to arrive tonight. I hope he won't reject it, but it may turn out like Cricket & he'll just play with the stick from the original mouse wand. I also got a separate replacement mouse, but at this point the mouse end of the wire is so tangled up I don't think I'll be able to switch it out. He loves to jump in the air and try to catch it, run around the ottoman in circles chasing after it, pouncing on it when I make it behave like a mouse, etc. But lately his favorite thing to do is sit in the loft & I put the wand & most of the wire in the loft, the mouse dangling out of the loft by a few inches of wire. He will try to scoop the mouse up by the wire, chew on it a bit and then drop it down again, or he will climb partway up the ladder of the loft & try to get at the mouse that way, but that's more dangerous. He really has to use his tail and all his balancing skill for that because the ladder rungs are cylinders and fairly narrow. It's cool to see him try to have all four paws on one ladder rung.

He also loves da bird, but I keep that out of reach unless we're playing with it because it's more fragile. I used to do that with the mouse too but he's been playing with it on his own without completely destroying it for about two months.

He used to love tinfoil balls, but once I brought home the wand toys, good old bally was yesterday's news. He has a bunch of soft mouse toys, stress balls I brought home from work etc, but he doesn't play with any of them. I purchased a crinkle ball when he was so obsessed with the tinfoil balls & he never played with it.

Does anyone know if they make a retractable wire wand toy that has a mouse on the end? I know they make those w/feathers, not sure if there are others.

Last edited: