What are you cats favourite toys?

tinksmom12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My female spayed cat is 10 years young. She has a nasal deformity and we were told by our vet the scoping and surgery would be about 4000. He then looked at us and told us that he would not suggest it for he could not guarantee that it would not grow back. He gave her 6 months to live and told us to bring her he and show her all the love we had plus more. She has had her ups and downs but is doing well. My question is. She has this small piece of mink given to me by a friend, she will walk around with it and meow loudly. I am guessing it may be a maternal instinct? Has anyone else encountered such behavior? It gets so bad that some nights we must hide it just to get some sleep.

faeleen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My black cat, StellaLuna, will only play with little foam balls. I guess she likes the texture? She always wants to play fetch and will drop them at your feet and cry until you throw it. She has at least 50 of them hid around the apartment and will drop them on my chest while I sleep- I wake up wrapped in like 10 balls sometimes.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
My female spayed cat is 10 years young. She has a nasal deformity and we were told by our vet the scoping and surgery would be about 4000. He then looked at us and told us that he would not suggest it for he could not guarantee that it would not grow back. He gave her 6 months to live and told us to bring her he and show her all the love we had plus more. She has had her ups and downs but is doing well. My question is. She has this small piece of mink given to me by a friend, she will walk around with it and meow loudly. I am guessing it may be a maternal instinct? Has anyone else encountered such behavior? It gets so bad that some nights we must hide it just to get some sleep.
It is a kind of maternal behaviour, yes. She thinks you are her family and she is bringing the closest thing to live prey that she can find. She wants you to practice your hunting skills with it, so that you'll be able to hunt and fend for yourself.

It's so sweet when they do that, isn't it? Just a little noisy.

I'm sorry to hear she is sick. I hope she proves those vets wrong and has a long, happy life with you

tinksmom12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has proven my vet wrong. On July. 4th. She will be 11 years old. So much for 6 months. I believe our love for her and her love for us has been the miracle. That and some help from above

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She has proven my vet wrong. On July. 4th. She will be 11 years old. So much for 6 months. I believe our love for her and her love for us has been the miracle. That and some help from above
That's so great to hear! 
 Hopefully that continues and she has a long, happy, healthy life with you. 

denverwriter22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Carmine and Milita love Yeowww catnip toys.  Milita also likes to play with Neko Flies and laser pointers. :)

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of our cats love the Petstages tower of tracks. Carrot loves anything with catnip especially a orange catnip saucer toy that we recently got from our Kitnip box subscription.  He also has a stuffed penguin toy that is his baby. Another big favorite with Carrot and Angua are the sisal wraped mice with feather tails. 

This is Angua playing with the tower of tracks. 

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you mentioned this cat toy! I bet my cat would love it!!!!

Last edited:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cricket's favorite toy is the stick that the feathers were previously attached to. She used to pester me for bird! bird! But then the feather part broke off. I got a new one, but she has discovered she likes the stick part better.  I have to drag it around for her to stalk and pounce on.  She will lead me to the closet meowing stick! stick! Now!

Swanie like little stuffed things with feathers, and he prefers them right out of the package.  He plays with it for a few minutes then takes a nap on it.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Danny likes anything scented - catnip, honeysuckle, silver vine/catnip blend, but especially loves toys made with my blend of valerian and catnip.  He also loves the crinkleball toy from a Canadian company - cancor (not the stiff mylar crinkle balls), and natural wool toys.

cudd1ebug

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats like paper balls, crinkle balls, jingle balls when you throw them. Also paper bags and boxes. One likes the laser and the other likes da bird wand. I think they like hunting insects the most.

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats love boxes (of course), those little cheapy fur covered mice that are a dime a dozen everywhere and anything that rattles/crinkles, although they don't seem to like toys with bells.

However the best thing in the entire world is the plastic wrapper ring from a carton of ice cream. My little Fernando goes crazy for those but the plastic can be a bit sharp after it's been bitten a few times so I came up with a good solution. I took an old fuzzy sock and crammed the crinkly plastic wrapper in it, added some catnip and sewed it up. He absolutely adores his little "crinkle friends" as I call them. :)

I've also made a few little toys by sewing rice and catnip in a small fabric pouch and then adding a little "tail" of feathers. But I have to say the ice cream wrapper crinkle friends are the preferred favorite. :)

They also have a plastic egg-shaped puzzle toy that I fill with treats. They have to roll it around to get the treats out and they seem to really like it. Sometimes I just fill it with their regular kibble so they're not overloading on fattening treats.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Robins favorite anything is an old folding ruler. I pull it out to do "micies SOS" to under the fridge and oven, and he positively preens and rushes excitedly to the edge of the refrigerator at the sight of Mr. Ruler. (All his stuff are Misters. Mr. Brushy, Mr.Mousie, etc. and he knows them by name lol.)

His next favorite is anything that drags. He's the String King. He's not a chaser--Da Bird doesn't interest him--but he loves to hide and POUNCE on strings that I drag through the rooms. That said, right now he's huffing into a small paper bag that I put some catnip and a mousie into yesterday. [emoji]128570[/emoji] Mouse forgotten for now, haha.

Last edited:

tinksmom12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I bought the cat toy with the yellow skirt and the wand that pokes out and spins around. My cats had it destroyed in minutes. Cat trees don't last either! Toilet paper empty rolls are fun

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Chula and Paul both go crazy over Da Bird and Chula also loves to chase the laser. Paul has a carrot stuffed with catnip he likes to toss around, also a cigar.

cicoccabim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Small balls of paper that I make while on the bathroom (don´t even think of closing the door!!!) that she catches in the air, or carries around like a prey. I´ve started to reuse the ones I´ve found all over the house, it was not sustainable to make new one all the time- so I´ve got a pile of used paper tissues crumbled into balls in every corner of the house.....(and when they are to soggy I throw them away..). At least it is a cheap toy that is easy to make and find!

kiki marie 2010

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Kiki LOVES her hand made wand toys that we call her "Sparkle Wands". I have to buy loads of them from the venders at the yearly cat show because she wears them out pretty quickly. She just hears the little bell jingling and comes running. Or if I say "Sparkle, Sparkle" she comes running too. She will pick one up in her mouth and bring it to me because she wants me to play. If I ignore her she will pick it up again and jump in my lap and drop it on me with a begging meow to please play right now. LOL!

Kiki with her newest huge load of sparkle wands and cat toys from the cat show.