What are the rules?

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I been looking for them but cannot find them, is there a thread they are posted in? Thanks

I might be missing something idk .......... ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yep it was the forum rules i was looking for, thanks, i couldn't find them

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
how do i know if i have broke any of them?

sorry i have learning difficulties so i may not understand when/if i have made a mistake (just saying for in case i do cross a line then don't know what i did wrong)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do what you can to follow them, if you make a mistake along the way, it will likely not be a huge deal. Mistakes can be identified by the moderators, but generally speaking they will just let you know on the assumption you weren't doing it deliberately. You're good! ;)

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
how do i know if i have broke any of them?

sorry i have learning difficulties so i may not understand when/if i have made a mistake (just saying for in case i do cross a line then don't know what i did wrong)
I have the same problem and make mistakes like everyone else but have been on here for years.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
tiggerwillow tiggerwillow the moderators may move threads that are in the wrong forum, edit or delete comments that are not needed or are inappropriate and contact you if we think you are having any problems using the forum, but we don't consider this to be breaking the rules.

We understand that the forums an be confusing at first. Please contact any of the moderators if you have a question about where to post.

:)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
If you look through the forum rules that Fionasmom posted you'll see that you're unlikely to break them ;)
Mistakes are different, and we all make them. We'll let you know if we need to change anything. :)

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
One thing that does happen sometimes (I think this is something others maybe struggle with as well, here, it's a cat thing), Willow likes laying down on the keyboard which can (somehow) cause things like nonsense posts to be made, she seems to know what buttons to press to make the video function on Zoom to switch off (no idea what she presses) Tigger pushes herself between the laptop and me, for cuddles and kisses :redheartpump: :vibes:

So if random stuff does appear as posts, I'm not trying to cause trouble or work, chances are if its literally random letters and numbers it's very likely Willow trying to make sure typing cannot happen :redheartpump:

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
At the moment she's fast asleep on the laundry pile (dirty laundry) so I won't get her deciding to post random letters and numbers at the moment :redheartpump:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
As the moderators and other members have said, we all make mistakes from time to time, i.e. no one is perfect. From your posts you sound very conscientious so I don't feel anyone would think a mistake regarding the rules was intentional. Glad you joined the site and happy to hear about your cat, Willow. :cutecat:

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm a bit confused by this:

- Never coordinate Purraise, offer it conditionally or otherwise try to manipulate the system. This will be considered a violation of the site's rules.

Does this mean, that I'm using it wrong? I click the purraise thing on almost every post, using it as kind of a "agree" thing?

Is this the wrong way to use it?

worried about consequences (spelling) now ..........

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I click the purraise thing on almost every post, using it as kind of a "agree" thing?
You're not using it in the negative way that's described in the rules.

Perhaps going forward, and I know I also need to be more aware about when I purraise, use it less as an "I agree" and more when the post really merits it.

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You're not using it in the negative way that's described in the rules.

Perhaps going forward, and I know I also need to be more aware about when I purraise, use it less as an "I agree" and more when the post really merits it.
ok how do I know if I'm using it the right way, by using it when the post deserves it? Sorry I'm unsure where that line is?

i'm worried i'll get negative consequences if it's decided I'm using it wrong :/

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
i'm worried i'll get negative consequences
If a site moderator ever were to feel it necessary, you would receive a comment. However, this, copied from the article, is what you should focus on for guidance;
" Purraise should be given for a specific piece of content: a useful post, a great image or a helpful review. You should be recognizing the contribution, not the contributor."