What are the best types of toys for kittens?

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello

We have four kittens

Jackson and Dolly are full siblings and tabbies.. they are around 4 months now and Jinxy and Benson are half sibling and are just under 4 months.

They have various toys , classic balls with bells in them , scratchin post with a string toy attached.. a toy that dangles on the door.. a catnip mouse ect..

But whats the best toys to give them a good amount of activity and excersise and intrest?

We have a 4ft 5ich long pink cat toy with a head of a comical bird with a bell in it. They love this but will only play with it for 5 minutes then they are bored.

At night time around 11pm they suddenly get like a 3 hour period where they are so hyper , but of course thats the time the household go to bed.. is there any toy you recommend can keep them entertained and wear them out??

Thanks alot
Jess x

thecatcoach

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of the definitions of "Kitten" is rambunctous, exploration and extreme play. Play with the kittens in the way I described in the too rough thread. Play in that fashion just before bed. Make sure that you remove the fishing pole toy and put it somewhere the kittens can't get to after you are through using it. It is a toy that has to be supervised.

Also provide them with "safe" toys. Make sure the kittens can not bite and swallow parts of the toys, causing obstructions.

Dental chew toys are good... I also recommend Turbo Scratchers and puzzle boxes. Cat Trees placed next to secure windows can be fun... especially if you hang a bird feeder outside the window.

Put treats in treat balls. I like Play-n-Treat treat balls. The kittens have to roll the balls around in order to get the treat. There are also some that talk. It records your voice so that every time the cat/kittens rolls it it speaks with your voice. These are called Talk to me treat balls.

Marilyn Krieger, CCBC
www.thecatcoach.com