What are the best cat breeds? you love

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
My moggie is the perfect cat for me right now. I loooooooooooove meezers and was thinking this might be a good time for me to adopt one, but the breeders have been going for a smaller, lighter-boned animal that would be too fragile for my circumstances. I just love the personality.

My Helen, who was a Burmese, had a slightly different personality that I also adore. I wish I had been able to be her forever home, but she was very sensitive and I had to put her needs above my own. My Tacy, who was an Abyssinian, also eventually needed more than I could give her, but she was a dream come true and I will always love the breed, want to learn more about them, and admire them from afar.

The other breeds that I have learned about recently and fallen in love with are Sphynx, Bengal, and Ragdoll. You don't have to own everything you love.

Since joining TCS, I have learned that cats are different than dogs. Breeders of American Shorthairs and British Shorthairs are trying to preserve the genetic diversity of the village cats we love. Hopefully they will be able to avoid the mistakes that dog breeders have made. If I am ever in a position where I can financially afford a purebred cat and have specific "wants" again, such as an outgoing personality who enjoys leash walking and interacting with small dogs, I hope that I will remember what I learned, get myself on a waitlist, and support a responsible ASH or BSH breeder.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am fascinated with the Bengals and the closer to the ALC even more so.
Not so much their amazing coat colours but their whole personalities and quirks.
They are pretty much full on 24/7, real force full characters and never grow out of being a kitten.
Can be a handful as they are all nonstop play or doing something all the time so your patience needs to be endless or you need a crazy sense of fun to keep up with them.
They are different, fur or pelt as i should say is not like normal cat fur, their rock hard muscle build particularly the males, the sounds they make and meows are different, hyperactive and noisy, you never are in doubt whats on a Bengals mind..they will tell you very loudly what they are thinking.
Unfortunately these very traits causes a lot to end up in shelters with people who cant cope with them and have bought the cats for their looks and not understood the full package they are getting.
Fun and laughter, lots of broken ornaments, bitten toes and destroyed toys...Bengals are fun if you like a rowdy noisy cat.

Last edited:

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely love Siamese cats. They are vocal, affectionate, stinkers, and little clowns who fear nothing. Siamese mix are the best because you get a lot of the Siamese traits and not so much of the prima donna attitude.

But after having Jeff in my life, I have to say there is something special about those grey tabbies- something magical.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
I absolutely love Siamese cats. They are vocal, affectionate, stinkers, and little clowns who fear nothing. Siamese mix are the best because you get a lot of the Siamese traits and not so much of the prima donna attitude.

But after having Jeff in my life, I have to say there is something special about those grey tabbies- something magical.
ITA. My Franklin was a grey tabby. I wasn't ready for another one right away, so I'm glad Willow is kind of a "grey tabby lite" in personality combined with meezer traits like being vocal, fearless, affectionate, and fitting right in with my catlike dogs as "one of the furkids". I would have described her as a "siamese mix" in the 20th century. Her caregiver knew exactly what I meant and it took her a matter of minutes to match me up with the right kitten out of a litter of eight.

Her brother had points, but I wanted a girl. They all needed homes right away and were lovely kittens, but Willow wanted to come home with me and I didn't want to put her down long enough to meet ANY of them!

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
ITA. My Franklin was a grey tabby. I wasn't ready for another one right away, so I'm glad Willow is kind of a "grey tabby lite" in personality combined with meezer traits like being vocal, fearless, affectionate, and fitting right in with my catlike dogs as "one of the furkids". I would have described her as a "siamese mix" in the 20th century. Her caregiver knew exactly what I meant and it took her a matter of minutes to match me up with the right kitten out of a litter of eight.

Her brother had points, but I wanted a girl. They all needed homes right away and were lovely kittens, but Willow wanted to come home with me and I didn't want to put her down long enough to meet ANY of them!

Sounds like Willow picked you. :)

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love the look and chattyness of Siamese cats especially blue point ones. I also think black oriental cats with green eyes are beautiful. But currently my favorite breed is my domestic short hair female Neko-chan.😍

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
If I could afford to buy one, I would get a purebred Japanese bobtail. They are wonderful little princesses and loving ❤
And second choice would be the Egyptian Mau. They are very active, intelligent and beautiful!