What are ten things we do not know about you?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This made me smile.

I think it's really great that your Husband is deaf too, Your family sounds great! I like it also how the lil boy can sign as well, How cute is that?, I see you live a normal life! That's great.

Thanks for that Kellye. My Aunt has Polio(sp?) and I'm learning to live with that, BUT I have never met a fully deaf person.

Kudos to you my friend!

Hugs,Sam

Edited: SPELLING!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ooo - I've got some more!

1) My sister and I HATED each other growing up, and now we're becoming close friends (I'm 40 now and she's 46!)

2) I was a mistake (mom managed to include that when she gave me "the talk" about birth control, many years ago...)

3) I have a large, ugly scar on the inside of my right thigh - it looks (to me) like a large, backwards upside down "L"

4) Until about high school, when people asked me what I wanted to be growing up, I wanted to be a "farmer's wife."

5) I found out last weekend that I really like my nephew (12) - he's really cool!

6) I don't wear nail polish (and rarely wear make up), but for some reason I just put polish on my toenails - I really like it!

7) I might get to meet Christy and Heidi this August (in person!), and I'm really psyched about it!!!

8) I was a staunch VHS advocate when I first joined TCS, and now we've made the switch to DVD...

9) I promised Gary when we first brought in the first kitten (Lazlo) that I would finish knitting a lap-blanket for him by Winter - and I never did, and I haven't knitted for MONTHS now...

10) I'm still wearing my pajamas today!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread is so interesting, it had to be brought back!

Originally Posted by Kiwideus

19) I am very interested in the life of Gia Carangi, which was taken too soon.
1. I LOVE Gia Carangi!
2. I have braces.
3. I don't know how to swim.
4. Everyone in my family is under 5'5".
5. I am addicted to cinnamon flavour gum.
6. I hate pennies and I never use them.
7. I'm afraid of mushrooms.
8. I have dreams of tornadoes at least once a week.
9. I've never eaten a hamburger before.
10. I'm the only one in my family without glasses.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) I left home at 11 and was emancipated at 13
2) I was married at 16
3) I learned to drive in a stolen car when I was 13
4) I've hitchiked across the country and hopped a freight train across the country
5) I stood three feet from a man when he was shot point blank in the head

6) I'm a car nut, particularly 72-74 Celicas, and 64 1/2 -68 Mustangs and a couple others.
7) I'm a Middle School drop out
8) I've been officially unemployed since 1999
9) I still have my entire collection (a couple hundred pounds) of Magic: The Gathering cards
10) I cry at almost anything mushy.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. I'm addicted to mascarra- i have mastered the art of applying it perfectly while driving (hehe eyeliner too)...bad thing is my boyfriend Colin's a cop lol ....go figure

2. I HATE mayonnaise- and tuna, and potatoes, and spiders

3.I have had baby names for my futre children picked out for quite a while
. My maternial clock is ticking! Very, Very loudly! lol!

4.I have my lisence in floral design/wedding planning- i started planning weddings when i was 18
love it!!! I've had my future wedding planned out for a while now- i plan to do all of my flowers if i ever get married
. - for right now though, i just nailed an awesome job as a Vet. Tech....i start next week...so i'm just free lance designing on the side.

5. I freak out when i go to a docs visit and they try to take blood- I am petrified of needles!!! i move my arm away when they're about to "strike", try to distract the nurses, ask them to count, ask them not to count, ...lol you name it- i'm a total chicken about having my blood drawn. I do warn them ahead of time though lol....and appologize afterwards.

6. I was a Music Industry (Recording Technology) major for almost 2 yrs. I can play drums, guitar, piano, clairanet, bass, and i've been singing since i was little
. I love laying down tracks and mixing stuff- it's awesome! Music is one of my biggest passions. When i'm not playing guitar, i'm singing, when i'm not singing, i'm drumming....go figure
i'm from Memphis...

7. I can shoot a gun- really, really well
Punks beware !!!!

8.When i can't sleep, i listen to my Mazzy Star cd...works like a charm

9. When i get really mad or upset at people- i clean....everything, including toilets! lol, colin can always tell when i'm upset, because i clean his house from top to bottom. Lol, my closet is color coordinated and organized by season and style....yeah..i have a cleaning issue (but i'm not ocd)

10. I collect those tiny painted bobble-head turtles..i have a ton of them.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Oh This is fun! I love this thread!

1. I'm 4'10 1/2"

Peaches' mommy
Yea!!!
I'm not the only vertically challenged person on TCS! I'm 4' 10 1/2'' too,..but i always lie and say i'm 4'11''

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1. I used to be extremely scared of cats from an encounter with a very mean cat as a child.
2. I know the american sign language.
3. I am very shy in certain situations.
4. I havent worked for 18 years.
5. I thought I would be married with children by the age of 30, Im not and didnt.
6. I cannot handle the sight of blood or injury and almost fainted daily when my cats were spayed and neutered.
7. Everyone calls me Poomie.
8. I love to decorate and love to take something old and make it new again.
9. I used to live in England (Coventry)
10. I am a huge clown and LOVE to laugh, but have a dry sense of humor.

stormysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
1.\tI traveled across Europe and saw parts of the world most people dream about seeing their whole life before the age of 9.

2.\tI wear a size 14 shoe which is a very hard size to find in womenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s shoes. I either special order them or wear a menâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s 12.

3.\tI graduated valedictorian of my high school class only to go on and drop out of college because of depression. I want to go back ….someday.

4.\tI met my fiancÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] online in a chat room in 2002. He lived in ND then but move here to TX in 2003.

5.\tI hated cats for the first 21 years of my life… my fiancÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]â€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s cat changed my mind, and now we are trying to get involved in a TNR program for the feral babies here.

6.\tIâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m terrified of roaches, heights, semi trucks, and ghosts.

7.\tPaper cuts seriously freak me out to the point of crying. They put wicked thoughts in my head about being sliced in the eye or other “areas†by paper. Same with bending back fingernails.

8.\tI can generally play any instrument by ear after getting familiar with it. It runs in my family for some weird reason.

9.\tI love to cook but only Italian food.

10.\tMy fiancÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] and I playfully physically abuse each other when we are stressed out and we enjoy it.

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ten Random Things about me.....

1. I am a middle child, but I never had the "middle Child syndrome"

2. I am probably the only left handed person in my family, but the only thing I do with my left hand is write and eat...everything else I use my right hand

3. I am a computer and math whiz!!

4. I have lived all over the united states but I have now lived in Alabama for over 11 years......which means that from the time I was born until I was 11 we moved quite a bit!!

5. Jason and I "met" at a bowling alley when I was a senior in highschool...but we had really seen eachother since we were in middle school...we just didn't know it...we both had a mutual friend and she would invite us both to her bday parties....there is even a picture of me and jason next to eachother when I was 11 and he was 12...but I never "knew of" him until I was 17....

6. I am a discovery channel/tlc fanatic!! I love watching documentaries...

7. My mother passed away from Cancer when I was 19
. One of the reason's why Jason and I are soo close...is that he moved in with me and my family while she was sick and helped out around the house...since my dad had to work long shifts... (I love my Jason!!)...so Jason and I have been living together since I was 18....

8. I have luckily never had to have surgery
.....and I have never been admitted to a hospital....

9. My favorite novel and movie is "The Notebook"....and I am sure you know why...b/c I am all into Romance!!

10. I met lynard skynard a couple of times a few weeks ago...b/c he was staying at the same hotel that we had our convention at .....let's just say he is very very tall!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lets see:

1. I actually like cranberry juice
2.My favorite dessert is Pumpkin Pie even when its not Thanksgiving
3. I have gone to 8 different schools in my lifetime so far
4. I really want to be a teacher when I finish school
5. I secretly plan small parts of my wedding even though I am not engaged yet!

6.I am such a book worm that when we go to the race to watch Lee I bring books to read until he actually goes on the track.
7. I have an older sister who is gong to have a baby due on September 9
8.I was born in Hawaii
9. I am really shy until you get to know me then I won't shut my mouth!
10.I love cinnamon flavored mints but no other flavor!

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1. I'm very nearly blind in my right eye. My dog, Pepper, bit me in the face when I was two, permanently damaging my eye. It drifts to the right, as well. Oh, and Pepper got put down and I was more upset about that than I was about my eye
I still love dogs.

2. I can't drive, roller skate, roller blade, ride a bike, ski, skateboard, snowboard, or ice skate. Anything that involves being on wheels or other things so my feet sliding... I feel like I have no control.

3. I'm afraid of the dark. I know, it's stupid, but I never really got over my fear of monsters/rapists/theives sneaking in. Being stalked by my violent ex-boyfriend didn't help matters.

4. I wasn't allowed to have cats after my dad moved away. My mom swore it was because my brother and sister were allergic, but that was not the case, because now both my brother and sister have cats.
She just doesn't care for cats. I, however, have loved cats since I met Mulligan, our first cat, when I was 5 months old.

5. I have a learning disorder relating to math, along with number dyslexia. Both of these together mean I can't do simple addition/subtraction. I can manage with a calculator, so I passed high school algebra, but it's really, really hard.

6. I am completely sterile, which is great because for some reason I cannot stand children. at all. Of course, they love me.

7. I am a really, really, really fast reader. Ridiculously fast. When I was 8 I read the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy (for the first time) in one day, when I was home sick from school.

8. I'm obsessed with J.R.R. Tolkien. I own nearly every book he or his son Christopher wrote/edited, I've been doing school projects on him since 3rd grade, and I've practically memorized his biography. My most recent project on him was for my Concepts of Nature philosophy class, spring semester.

9. My boyfriend and I met while working at Cub Foods. I was, at the time, dating my violent ex mentioned above, who also worked there. After I dumped my ex, and after a month of dating other friends of mine off and on, Cory invited me out to Perkins (completely out of nowhere- we were barely friends at that point) and one thing led to another... and...*ahem*
well we've been together for over two years now, most of that long distance, and we've got wedding plans in the making
We moved in together last month. (he loves cats too!
)

10. I had depression and bipolar from 6th grade thru freshman year of college. Well, I still have it, but it's so under control now that I'm not even medicated anymore.

and a bonus one because I want to!
11. The only reason I've ever travelled outside of Minnesota, where I've lived my whole life, is to visit my dad, who in the span of 6 years lived in Kansas, Massachussetts, and then Colorado. He still lives in CO and I LOVE visiting him there. It's so gorgeous!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm ... My turn!

1) I'm mildly arachnophobic. I will freeze with terror if I see a spider, but if no escape presents itself, I will eventually do something about it. (My friend, who is really arachnophobic, will just stand there freaking out if he sees one; eventually, he'll pass out.)

2) I've been swimming since I was two months old. I grew up in a town with three lakes, and my mother wanted me to never remember learning how to swim -- she wanted me to just know how to do it. I'm almost twenty-eight and I swim like a fish.

3) I'm ambidextrous. I'm technically left-handed, but have taught myself how to do most things (including write) with my right hand. Left-handed scissors confuse me.

4) I collect swords, daggers and other interesting weapons.

5) For the first twenty-seven years of my life I was convinced I could not cook. When my boyfriend and I moved into our new apartment, I started trying out recipes, and it turns out I'm really, really good at cooking.
Exact measurements are for sissies (and baking).

6) I'm a writer: I write fantasy fiction. And yes, I'm published.

7) I'm a licensed bartender; I used to drive a "beer cart" at a golf course back home. I was the most popular person on the course.

8) I can read upside down and backwards as quickly and easily as the right way up. (Apparently this is quite common to lefties?)

9) I studied psychology and serial killers in university, and I'm actually pretty good at profiling.

10) I can swear (and only swear) in Gaelic.

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1. Have a fear of other people driving. I have no fear to drive a car but when other people drive I am scared to death.

2. I love Little House on the Prairie and Star Trek Next Generation. I have all the episodes of Star Trek NG on DVD and I need only two more of the Little House series.

3. I can crochet really fast.

4. I have 15 pets.

5. I had my tubes tied at 21.

6. I have been married and divorced twice.

7. out of a 40 hour week I probably only work about 10, the rest of the time I surf several message boards.

8. I have Tinitus

9. I am deathly afraid of the dentist and I have not been to one in at least 10 years.

10. I was not an only child. My brother commited suicide when I was 16.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. I can't swim and am terrified of drowning. I am good in a pool where I can touch the bottom, but I'm so afraid of not being able to touch the bottom that I get panick attacks if I'm on a small boat.... I can do large boats though, of course with a life vest. I don't like to get my face wet, for some reason I think that if I get water in my eyes, or up my nose, I'll drown. So I wash with a washcloth!

2. I am double jointed in both wrists. I can pull my thumbs down to touch my forearms.... this freaks out most 4-10yr old kids.

3. My front 2 teeth are fake. I fell through the metal ladder going to my swimming pool when I was 12, on a Sunday... broke both front teeth, exposing the nerves (talk about pain!!!) and had to go to the ER, then to an emergency dentist! Nope that visit is NOT covered by insurance! (my dad loved getting the bill!)

4. I have a peachy colored birth mark on the inside of my left calf... it's kinda shaped like America.

5. Occasionally I dream about the 1st boy I ever fell in love with.... I was 15, and he was 16, ahhhhh puppylove! .... I think it's mostly started because I ran into his sister online, and she told me he was expecting his 1st child.

6. I take my coffee sweet & creamy! Lots of cream/milk/whatever and lots of sweetener. I prefer equal or splenda....

7. I got a scholarship to art school but didn't go....

8. I was a sweetheart in a fraternity.... and occasionally still kit with the guys via myspace.

9. My husband is a bad boy.... I have always had a thing for the bad boys.... I just don't know what it is about them that drives me crazy? I dated a good guy for 2 years.... he was such a pushover, that didn't work for me...

10. I am a Daddy's Girl. And always have been. I was my daddy's 1st, and am the most like him out of all my siblings. I am still the apple of his eye. My sister hated me for many reasons when we were younger, and one of her favorite things to say was: "but you let Heather _______!" And my dad would say: "we're not talking about Heather. And if you maintained a 4.0 in school then you could have the same privledges."

hottykitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1. I seriously CAN NOT cook.
2. I have 5 indoor cats and 2 outside dogs.
3. their names are, CATS:Storm, Cali, Dimond, Baby Girl and Baby Boy DOGS:Niki, Neshia
4. I love them all!

5. My mom and Dad are divorced.
6. Dad has a girlfriend.

7. I want my hair as long as Crystal Gayle's, if anyone knows who that is!

8. I used to have 6 cats but Vixen died.

9. I have THREE litterboxes!!!!!!!!
10. My name is HEATHER TOOOOO!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time for me!

1 - I am the oldest child in my family, and the oldest granddaughter on my Mom's side.

2 - I've never met my biological father. My mom got pregnant for me when she was 18, in high school, and he left her while she was pregnant. My uncle, who is now my Godfather, was in the delivery room with my mom when I was born. I am extremely close to him. I have written to my biological father about 3 times since I was 16, but never heard anything from him. My mom re-married when I was 2, and I consider him my true, real dad.
Him & I are very very close. I'm completely daddy's girl and a momma's girl.

3 - I won't use both sides of a q-tip - only one side
I don't know why.

4 - My family is the most important thing to me. I call my mom at least 5 times a day. She's my best friend.

5 - A few years ago, I lost my Great-Uncle to brain cancer, my Grandpa to prostate cancer, and 2 of my Great-Grandparents. They all passed away in a 3 year time frame. That was the hardest time in my life.

6 - My biggest fear is dying

7 - I order magazines for wedding's all the time - I secretly have my wedding planned out alread - and I'm not even engaged yet

8 - I get really close to crying everytime I see someone eating alone in a restaraunt. I always want to go sit with them.

9 - I'm extremely kind hearted - I hate being mean to people, cuz I believe in Karma - it will come back to get me in the long run.

10 - I used to despise cats until we got Harley. He changed me!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. The most pets I've ever had at once was 15. We had a lot more when I was little and we lived with my dad, but there was way too many dogs for me to count.

2. I hate potatoes.. but I love french fries.

3. Besides family, my boyfriend, and a few other people, I'm terrified of calling people on the phone.. and I don't know why.

4. My boyfriend and I met online a little over three years ago, and we're still dating (and we hardly ever talk online).

5. I'm in love with the Full Moon wo Sagashite anime and manga, and the Kare Kano manga.

6. Both of my big toes are double-jointed, and I remember how freaked out my friends got when I showed them.

7. I don't really get along well with younger people online (preteen-ish age) because a girl I met on another forum started a bunch of really stupid rumors about me when my computer was down, and was always making stuff up for attention, and starting "forum drama".. ugh.

8. I am absolutely terrible at math.. I'm a senior this year, and I'm in geometry, and most seniors are in college algebra, or calculus.

9. I used to be terrified of roller coasters, and now I can't wait to go to amusement parks. I'm already excited to go to Cedar Point at the end of the month!

10. I can't stand touching anyone's dirty dishes.. I'll wash mine, or rinse them, but I cringe when it comes to washing other peoples..

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
okey-doke, let's see, I don't know if there's too many things you don't know about me

1. I wore braces for almost 3 years, but after I got them out I never wore my retainer... luckily my teeth didn't move back
2. I absolutely do not like to mix food, I eat everything on my plate one a time meat, potatoes, vegeatables, I really don't even like them to touch
3. I am a total clutter-bug, I must have various random items all over the place at all times.... some might call this messy, but that's your interpretation

4. when I get upset or worried about something, I pull out my eyelashes
I've been doing this since I was 16, and while they grow back much thinner and sparser, they keep coming back. Most people I've known for years do not know I do this, it's like a compulsion, as I can't stop

5. I have not read a book in over a year
6. growing up, my grandma was my best friend. She passed away when I was only 12 and I still miss her everyday.
7. I'm a sweat-er! If I go out to a club to dance, my hair will be soaked, like I just got out the shower wet, by the time I leave
ponytail all the way
8. I am a doomsday prophetess, if something goes wrong, I always assume the worst i.e. if my Mom is late I think she must have gotten into a fiery crash on the freeway
not good for stress levels, but I can't seem to stop thinking like that, I guess I like to be pleasantly surprised

9. I scored a 33 out of 36 on my ACT in high school, that's the top 1 percentile in the nation, I scored the highest in my HS class
of which a couple people were not happy about
I am a whiz at multiple choice tests, as long as I go with my first instinct
10. since i got my license when I was 17, I have gotten a ticket every year, sometimes more than 1

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Heh, I possibly should have mentioned in mine, since it seems to be a common theme- I HATE washing dishes. Like, I would rather get stabbed in the shoulder than wash dishes. Completely serious. Hate hate hate. Oh, and I really don't like doing laundry, but I'll do it. Grudgingly.

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)
1. I love to write poetry that is inspired by my moods and current feelings most of the ones in the past have been really dark and not very happy.

2.Salem was the first cat I was ever actually owned by. Before that growing up i had several dogs, turtles, hamsters but no cats.

3. I can play the organ , piano, clarinet and violin although i haven't played any of them in years.

4.I hate cars! I dont feel safe in them at all give me a "Big Ole Truck" anyday.

5.I am scared to death of clowns to the point where i will freak and pass out!

6. I have driven across a frozen lake in above mentioned Big Ole Truck lol

7.I am addicted to coffee, hot cold ,frozen, flavored it doesnt matter i like it all!!!!!!!!

8.I saw a produce truck run off the side of a mountian in mexico.

9.Until feb. of this year texas was the only state in 28 years that i had ever lived in.

10.I want to have another baby but DH says no and it makes me really sad.