what are some things that you are very passionate about?

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like I said in a earlier post, I am passionate about animal welfare, especially feral cats. If I wasn't in a wheelchair I would join a rescue group for them.

Since I've been in assisted living I've been concerned about the elderly. I do what I can to help the residents that I've gotten attached to. It hurts to see so many of them go down hill so fast. Most of them just need someone to talk to. When they take us to Walmart or Target and I see something one of them might need I'll get it for them. They especially like chocolate. If I ever leave here I would greatly miss them.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of them just need someone to talk to.
This is true. I had seen and hugged several whose children or family members had no time to visit them. It was so heartbreaking.

I also used to go to disabled children orphanages to donate money or food. I remember I carried in my arms a totally blind toddler and her arms wrapped around me so tightly. It took a lot of willpower for me to let go. I left that shelter crying my eyes out. When there is a chance, I still go to those shelters each time I visit my home country. But each time, my heart always breaks.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is true. I had seen and hugged several whose children or family members had no time to visit them. It was so heartbreaking.

I also used to go to disabled children orphanages to donate money or food. I remember I carried in my arms a totally blind toddler and her arms wrapped around me so tightly. It took a lot of willpower for me to let go. I left that shelter crying my eyes out. When there is a chance, I still go to those shelters each time I visit my home country. But each time, my heart always breaks.
Yes, it is very heart breaking. It would take a lot of courage to do what you do. When I used to go to the Human Society to drop off donations I would cry all the way home knowing that most of the animals would be put to sleep.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try my best to fight the deluge of conspiracy and anti-science theories that are gaining traction everywhere. I'm shocked at just how many otherwise reasonable people are taken in by them so it seems to be a losing battle sometimes.
I sometimes attempt a line such as this:
Theory a.
Vaccine x is safe and doesn't cause you to grow another head.

Theory b.
Vaccine x causes you to grow another head and as a bonus, has a micro-chip in it thatr enables Bill Gates to control the World.

Theory a was written by a immunologist with twenty years experience, using empirical peer, studied methods.

Theory b was posited by an angry jobless flat earther who spends all his time in his bedroom listening to Alex Jones and declares that it's everyone elses fault that he's failing.

C'mon, who has more credibility.

Here's an example of a disseminator of poison. Just listen to this clown. He's easily taken down by two sane people.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I so greatly admire anyone who can go into an animal shelter or child care facility to volunteer or work. A couple of years ago I went with a neighbor boy to retrieve his dog from a shelter (it had gotten out and was found wandering) and when we got there we had to walk by the animals that were being held as evidence for court cases. I almost could not drive home.

So many people actually believe Theory B......

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am passionate about so many things. First and foremost, cats and their treatment, feral and house. Extend that to all animals. Working to have household pets, and eventually others, considered sentient beings with feelings, not merely property. They should be given the same consideration as family members under the law. Hekitty is NOT a table lamp! While I cannot be vegan, due to some very weird physiology, I want animals bred for food or food products (milk, etc) to be treated humanely at all times...and if that makes the price of meat and animal products go up, LIVE WITH IT! And honor those lives! They are given in service to humans, and are precious doubly because of it.

I am big on teaching people that with great personal freedoms comes great responsibility, and accountability. They must go hand in hand. Respect this earth. It is all we have. Live lightly on it. Revere it.

I have a passion for fairness. Life is not fair, but I can be. This extends to all areas of life.

And, for the sake of brevity, you may cut and paste Elphba's list here! We are remarkably akin in most of our passions.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I am passionate about so many things. First and foremost, cats and their treatment, feral and house. Extend that to all animals. Working to have household pets, and eventually others, considered sentient beings with feelings, not merely property. They should be given the same consideration as family members under the law. Hekitty is NOT a table lamp! While I cannot be vegan, due to some very weird physiology, I want animals bred for food or food products (milk, etc) to be treated humanely at all times...and if that makes the price of meat and animal products go up, LIVE WITH IT! And honor those lives! They are given in service to humans, and are precious doubly because of it.

I am big on teaching people that with great personal freedoms comes great responsibility, and accountability. They must go hand in hand. Respect this earth. It is all we have. Live lightly on it. Revere it.

I have a passion for fairness. Life is not fair, but I can be. This extends to all areas of life.

And, for the sake of brevity, you may cut and paste Elphba's list here! We are remarkably akin in most of our passions.
Thank you for posting this. Hope you are recovering well. So good to see you in the forums. Take care. :wave3: