What Are Some Of Your " Must Have " Cleaning Products?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've been starting to do a "Fall Cleaning" around the house and have been stocking up on some of my favorite cleaning products.

Target was out of magic erasers yesterday. :sniffle: Thankfully, I still have a few, but those are a must have for me.

Another must have for me are Clorox dust wipes -

613WzCqhn9L.jpg

What are some of your must haves?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Target was out of magic erasers yesterday. :sniffle: Thankfully, I still have a few, but those are a must have for me. Another must have for me are Clorox dust wipes -
I tried Clorox magic erasers a long time ago and they took off the caulk around the shower so I was afraid to ever use them again. I wonder if they have improved them. :dunno: However, I love the Clorox dust wipes and they're fragrance free. I also use Lysol or Seventh Generation wipes.

ETA: I almost forgot vinegar/water mixture to clean the floors.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Not a cleaning product, but a liquid soap for body wash: Liquid soap containing goats milk! I get mine from Poland, but there may be other sources too.
There are many producers in Poland, I find the Bialy Jelen (White Deer) the best.

Mild, calming irritations, taking nicely away sweat smell, holding even fungus infections in check...
Better than the common alternative of Lactacyde.

Of course, you can probably use it for some cleaning too.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seventh Generation wipes and Windex with Vinegar. Cleaning products without ammonia.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sensitive to the smell of cleaning products but the disinfectant spray I love is Spic and Span spray and I use it everywhere. And of course I use my Swiffer covers to dust as well as to clean floors, walls, ceilings etc.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
General cleaning: Simple Green. I bought a giant container of concentrate form Sam's several years ago and I'm still working through it. I use it on any non-porous surface (countertops, toilets, etc.) and wipe it up with paper towels after letting it sit for 30 seconds to a minute.

Windows: Windex/off-brand equivalent.

Toilet bowls: Anything with bleach in it. I really like the cling gel type cleaner.

Showers/tubs: Magic Erasers and anything bleach-based, like Clorox spray. We have caulking that gets mildew-y, so I put some of the cling bleach gel on it to knock that back, then rinse it off when I clean the rest of the shower.

Floors: Vacuum up ALL THAT CAT HAIR first. If I need to mop, I use a mixture of 1/2 warm water, 1/2 vinegar, and a hearty squirt of original blue Dawn detergent. It's antibacterial, takes human and kitty footprints off and does a jam up job of deodorizing. I use this mixture on my laminate and linoleum since I cannot steam clean laminate.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Disinfectant wipes. I'm all for saving the environment, but when it comes to cleaning the bathroom, I don't care, so I use a lot of wipes and paper towels. I also like using Comet for various things like cleaning the tub or the kitchen sink.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleaning vinegar, baking soda, Dawn dish washing liquid (original formula), salt, and good old-fashioned elbow grease. ;)

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When it comes to a multi-purpose anti-bacterial spray cleaner, I get what's on sale. I only use them on surfaces after I've worked with raw meat and some bathroom surfaces. Same goes for floor cleaners, I'm a sale shopper.
For dish soap, I prefer Dawn, but, I will buy whatever (again) if it's a good sale.
I keep Lysol/Clorox wipes on hand, but don't use them that often.
I also keep Comet on hand for things that need a good scrub.
Vim cream cleanser is another good one I use, mainly for bathroom stuff.
I usually use vinegar for most cleaning jobs.

We have hard water where I live, so I always keep CLR on hand for calcium/hard water build up. And I have recently tried the Lysol "power" gel toilet cleaner. WOW! That stuff it friggin' awesome at getting rid of the stains and calcium build up in the toilet!!!!! I'm a sale shopper but I will only ever get that stuff from now on for my toilets.

Overall, I'm not that "brand loyal". Vinegar and baking soda go a long way for most things. I use whatever I'm in the mood to use, whatever "scent" speaks to me that day and depending on how much grime needs to be removed.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have wood floors in part of the condo so I use Murphy's Oil Soap and then "Quick Shine" from Wal-Mart to put the shine back.

A pine cleaner for most surfaces - bath floor and counter, faucets, etc.

For toilet I have come to love the Clorox wands - you just push on the pad with cleanser and do the toilet in no time. So much easier than the liquid and the brush. I also use it on the tub.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Mr. Clean lemon on my floors,keep it mixed up and in a spray bottle for my counters,dining table,shower,etc.I've started to use bio clean on my sinks,glass stove top and cleaning my oven,windex for the windows.I use lemon oil on my rocking chair and buffet,and periodically clean them with Murphy's oil soap.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We have wood floors in part of the condo so I use Murphy's Oil Soap and then "Quick Shine" from Wal-Mart to put the shine back.
I swear by Murphy's Oil Soap for the kitchen and bathroom cabinets. I wash them down twice a year (bottom cabinets at the sink twice a month, sometimes more, because I'm a messy cook).

As for the oven, if it's not self-cleaning, it's not in my kitchen!