What Are Some of Your Most Loved Tearjerker Films or Books and a Favorite Scene?😿

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Never Let Me Go-The film takes place in England sometime in the future where cloning became possible
the "children" live in an orphanage-type setting, at first not knowing what happens to them once they are grown.
It's an amazing yet appalling film. I won't say anymore, but the whole movie made me cry. I've watched it several
times. Callie Mulligan and Keira Knightly are both perfect as is Andrew Garfield. Get out your hankies.

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Never Let Me Go-The film takes place in England sometime in the future where cloning became possible
the "children" live in an orphanage-type setting, at first not knowing what happens to them once they are grown.
It's an amazing yet appalling film. I won't say anymore, but the whole movie made me cry. I've watched it several
times. Callie Mulligan and Keira Knightly are both perfect as is Andrew Garfield. Get out your hankies.
That movie was very sad, but also dumb in a way, because it seemed that most of them just passively accepted their fate (even the main characters in the end) and did not fight what was being done to them. They never showed anyone resisting or simply saying "no." It would have been interesting to see what happened if they did.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Not really a tearjerker, but the end of 'The Boy in the Striped Pajamas'.
If you don't cry like a baby, you have no heart.
I've never seen this movie but it sounds intriguing. I'm going to see if I can watch it on-demand this week. Thanks for the warning, I'll be sure to have a box of tissues next to me. :sniffle:

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The Hate You Give - the riot scene where she stood on the car and shouted: "Khalil Lived!"
The Impossible - the tsunami scene, but also the reunion scene gets me in the feels, too.
Gifted - the reunion scene.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ah, I so love this line from Midsummer Night's Dream (act 3) by William Shakespeare: "The moon methinks looks with a watery eye; And when she weeps, weeps every little flower, Lamenting some enforced chastity." ♥

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There's a Korean movie called "Sunny" which follows a middle-aged woman who chances to meet her high school friend at the hospital (the friend has terminal cancer). Most of the movie is them remembering their time in high school and then the woman finding the rest of their gang to get together before the friend dies. It's actually a comedy, but I just watched a clip of it and I started crying. I am a sucker for Tv shows/movies that show how people have changed since they were young.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a film or book but 2 songs. El Paso by Marty Robbins makes me cry at the end when he sings "One last kiss and Felicia Goodbye" and the last verse of Puff the Magic Dragon when he bowed his head and went back to the cave. I was always laughed at and made fun of for crying through those 2 songs.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have loved this Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy for a long time: "We are the Music makers , and we are the dreamers of Dreams, wandering by lone sea-breakers, and sitting by desolate streams; World- losers and World-forsakers, on whom the pale Moon gleams: yet we are the movers and shakers of the World forever it seems."(...) ❤:silver:🌺🌻💞

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mia6 I've never seen that movie but now I think I may. ❤ :silver:🌺
H
Mia6 I read all the posts & somehow I got the impression they made a movie about the song. I remember the song very well, but have not heard it in quite awhile. (drat, have I posted this in the wrong place?) Anyway too late to change it now. :lol::silver:🌹 Maybe I'll just have a listen again. "He lived by the Sea....) :bluecat::)🌹