What Am I?!

MacaroniCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_0577.JPG
IMG_0694.JPG
This is Macaroni. He was rescued at 4 months old and lives inside now. Macaroni came from a litter of 5 and is the only sibling with markings like these. We have recently received a book on different breeds and his markings look very similar to a Snowshoe but it could just be coincidence. His mother is all grey and his father has a white coat with black spots. Let us know your thoughts!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Snowshoes are a pointed breed, meaning they're born white and then develop color later. Your boy is almost certainly a Domestic Shorthair. Is he black IRL? My screen makes him look blue (grey, technically called blue). In any case, he would be a black/blue and white bicolor Domestic Shorthair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MacaroniCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
image.jpg
image.jpg
We figured that he wasn't anything special (except to us of course), but we saw the photo and it piqued our interest. Thank you for your input! Here is the book that we have.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"What am I"

-the centre of attention
-a great entertainer
-the star of the show
-your waiter this evening
-a DSH............Dapper young man Standing Here.

I love how he is standing and the expression on his face.

MacaroniCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And yes, he is definitely not black but blue/grey.

MacaroniCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is for sure our great entertainer, however we are the ones always waiting on him!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I want to add, daddy is prob colored in the harlequin pattern, a sort of bicolor. Yours is a bicolor too, in the tuxedo pattern. Grey from momma, White from daddy...

The "snowshoe" on the book pics doenstn looks typical. the cat on the outside of the book, is a russian blue.