What Alert Notifications Would I Receive...

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Again! :hellocomputer:

So a deep dive was done on this issue! and we found that global alert notifications weren't set up properly. The issue has been resolved and you should be able to see what I was trying to show above. :yess:
Thank you so much for all of your efforts!:rock:

Now I have to decide how best to follow people I appreciate without making them feel weird! For me, it's an indication of admiration or friendliness or empathy, but I can understand if it makes someone feel like looking over their shoulder at me, lol. To Follow or not to Follow!? What to do? :hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Test the Alert Prefernces on an isolated few, and see what you think. I am not sure that it means much unless you want to know every new thread one of the members you follow creates, or whenever any one of them replies to any thread whether or not you are already following that thread.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi FeebysOwner FeebysOwner ! If I have time tomorrow, maybe I'll do some testing of that.

Currently it looks like all the boxes are untoggled as a default, so until a member does decide to choose an option in that pop-up box for Alert Preferences, maybe nothing happens. For now, I won't choose any option on any of those I Follow... so I assume I'll never get actual Alerts when they post, etc.

I imagine if any member doesn't feel comfy with anyone else Following them, they can PM that member or a mod, and have their wish to become unfollowed conveyed -- I know that I, for one, would unfollow any member in my Follow list should they ask me to do so! No worries; the idea is to not make anyone uncomfortable.

But I know that before all of this, there was one good reason to have a list of Followers, if one wanted:

-- in the Contact Details for each member, there is an area where you can choose to limit who can send you Conversations, if you want. It's under the "Messaging Preferences" area on that page. You can choose to accept Conversations from "Members Only" or from "People you follow only". Or you can untoggle that box and get Convos from no one. So, if you have only a small group of friends you only want to get Convos from, you can arrange for that simply by using the Follow feature & setting that particular contact detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks! I will tell you, you are my guinea pig. I am following you and checkmarked all 3 Alert Preferences - we'll see that actually means!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I will tell you, you are my guinea pig. I am following you and checkmarked all 3 Alert Preferences - we'll see that actually means!
Ok! But, for a little while, I won't be online at TCS as much as usual, as there are a few things in my life needing my extra time :hearthrob: -- so you may not be 'alerted' very much. But heaven help you if I go back to the game threads and post a lot of game posts in one day or something! You may decide to disable that option! :blush:
:hugs: