What age?

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm only 26, but 2020 was a great year, all things considered. I got my first "real" job and actually had PTO, sick leave, a livable salary, etc. If coronavirus had not happened, we would have gotten a lot more done traveling wise. I'd also probably be pregnant by now. Oh well, all in good time.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have NO idea! I would want to go back far enough when my body hadn't started failing me yet....but I would still want to be old enough that my life was put together. (marriage, house, career, maturity etc...).....Around the 30 mark I guess?...........tough one!

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've actually thought of this many times over the years. Maybe I need some psychanalysis because I always seem to return to a period of no real worries when my parents were invincible and could sort out any problem and all I did was play out and have fun, So, from about 7 to 10 yrs old before the hormones kicked in. I notice the above stated average of 36yrs so.......
I've never suffered any trauma as an adult but I was shy in my teenage years and early adulthood so I think that held me back somewhat but I've had interesting jobs and had kids and grandkids since so I can't really complain about anything really.
I think I miss the innocence and sense of wonder that children below a certain age possess. Also I think less was more in those days. I remember only having 2 and a half TV stations to watch so that made us as a family wait for our favourite shows and watch them together rather than everyone having their own device with gazillions of things to watch on demand.
Also a trip to the sweet shop was a once a week treat and thus special to us. Life seemed more magical.
I don't know, maybe I just yearn for the apparent simplicity we had back then although that's probably a rose tinted naive memory.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mean, just physical body, or where you were emotionally as well? Because I'd love my body in my 20s, though I wasn't in the best shape. 36 was a pretty good year otherwise, despite covid. I got a marriage and honeymoon in first.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I also did stupid things at all ages. If I had a choice I would like to stay at 23 years. That's when things started going my way. At least for a while.
No I"m talking about incredibly stupid, mean angry drinking years, making everyone mad and miserable because of anger issues type of stupid stuff. And now I'm making amends monetarily. So maybe 85 years old would be the age I want because hopefully by then everything will have settles down. I really do not want to be in my 20s and 30s and go through all this nonsense again.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I really enjoyed my college years but think I would probably choose early to mid-30's between 32 - 36 years of age. Old enough to be mature but still young enough to run 10K's, stay up late and have tons of energy. 😉

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always wished I could remain 25 or 27 years old forever. That was the time when my son was just very young and we were just trying to enjoy our time post family breakup. It was also a time when I was just beginning to value myself as an individual and as a single mother.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I much prefer being an adult to being a child, because you have much more control over what you do and no one else making decisions for you.

Late teens were fun, but my 20's were even better because that's when I went to college, did most of my traveling, got my tattoos done, moved to Japan, started making a decent salary, met my husband etc etc. Actually my 30's were great too. More traveling, bought my first house and started collecting all these cats. And so far my 40's have also been great, for different reasons. Every decade seems to have new challenges, but new rewards as well.

Nah, I don't think I'd like to stay at any age. I just want to keep myself as fit and healthy as possible so I can enjoy the changes that come with getting older.