What about your cat is against the norm?

banana queen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have four cats who absolutely love belly rubs and having their paws played with, I can touch them anywhere and they dont mind one bit. My fifth cat is more opinionated and more like a typical cat.
One of my cats can fetch toys like a dog, and I taught him how to sit.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine all like belly rubs to a degree. One will lay and let me really knead his belly until my hand cramps!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Only my Graham does not like the catio. Among my cats only my Graham has destroyed furniture, small appliances and accumulated receipts for repair and replacements. Only my Graham is not afraid of my yelling. Only my Graham does not like to be petted and carried. Only my Graham "talks" back to me when being scolded.

I can go on and on. :)

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boone never has had high energy, not even as a kitten. Very sedative. Gracie wags her tail like a dog when she is happy.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some of the odd things from mine:

Domino: likes to be held like a baby--facing me, with his front paws on my shoulder, and one of my hands on his back, and the other arm is where he rests his lower half.

Cosette: likes to play fetch, chases her tail, and turns around 3 times before lying down. I think she was raised by dogs.

TV: will reach out and grab your hand if you stop petting her before she's ready for you to stop

Jemmy and Leo: the former ferals who are biologically probably cousins (I believe their mothers were littermates) don't meow, but they chirp at each other. It honestly does sound like some sort of conversation with rising question tones and non-rising answers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nugget's tail is more like a dog than a cat! When he is happy and playful he will wag his tail a lot side to side. At first I was worried he was getting agitated, but when I back off, he will come over and ask for more pettings! Now when I see him hanging around me with his tail wooshing, I know he is in a good mood and wants lovings.

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A different type of "cat dancing".

Three decades ago, on two separate occasions, two ladies explained that I was "never, ever, ever!" to allow another woman to badger me into dancing with her. They explained that I was simply that bad. I am OK with that.

Living without a TV, I listen to a large spectrum of instrumental music. Latin Jazz artists like Justo Almario, Juan Carlos Quintero, or Carlos Santana make my feet and body move. Casper, my purebred male Turkish Van lived with me until he was 19 1/2. I would pick this 13 pound boy up, place his front paws on my shoulders and let his head see over my left shoulder. He did not care where my feet went. His feet were not getting stomped on. I could trot, turn quickly, back up, samba poorly and he enjoyed it. The other cats would back away, less about making room and more about their total embarrassment for my skills. When I hear selected songs today, I look to the wood floor in the family room hoping to see him. I miss my Casper and cat dancing with that good friend.

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kitten is obsessed with stuffed toys. He steals them and carts them around the house, where he proceeds to wrassle with them and then groom them. If I try to hide them, he finds them again.

My other cat likes to be carried over my shoulder, as in wayyy over my shoulder so his bum is in the air and I have to hold on to his tail to stop him from falling. Gets a purr out of him 100% of the time and he refuses to be carried any other way.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last night, I mentioned that in during the year we've had Belle, she's never "made biscuits". Not once.

This morning, I woke up to find Belle sitting on me, kneading my chest. No claws but she was giving me a good thumping, like she was giving me CPR!

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I meant to say “I mentioned to Swambo (She who always must be obeyed)…”

Silvanred

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aw it’s lovely reading these x one of my male cats used to like licking the skins of honey dew melons he was so specific so not watermelon or cantaloupes but just the honey dew 😂 we tended to eat a lot of them over hotter months and found he would raid our bin for the skins xx he has since crossed over the rainbow bridge last year at the ripe old age of 21 he was so gorgeous but a huge cat more like a small dog in size than cat xx miss his crazy antics xx

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remy is VERY protective of the other cats and also the house. He growls and hisses when anyone comes to the door. I definitely believe he'd protect me if I were in trouble (probably more than my dog would :lol:). Remy also mostly prefers dry food over wet food. Maisie does not like to cuddle. She was semi-feral when I adopted her, so it makes sense that she isn't going to willingly cuddle. Flora hates blankets on the cat trees. I thought it would be more comfortable for them, but she pulls them off or out of the cubbies because she does not want them there.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Belle likes to have her tail stroked.

If the birds come around when I’m playing with her, she stops playing and jumps up on the window sill to watch the birds.

When I prepare what we call “Lizards & Gizzards”, I pour some of the juice from the chicken liver on her plate. She always laps the juice before eating.

We’ve gotten in the habit of feeding Belle when we have our meals. Now, if we fix ourselves a snack, we have to fix one for her. Of course, it’s just a small snack to keep her trim.

Belle loves popcorn and corn chips. It’s rare I give her any, but if I do it’s just a tiny bit of corn chip or one popped popcorn kernel.

LokiWolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
None of my crew knocks things off shelves. With the singular exception of Nightfury knocking a Yoshi Amiibo (think palm sized stuffed animal) off the shelf only if it is in a specific spot.

Nightfury lives belly rubs and will roll over to give you better belly access.

Link can give a really good guilty look when he's been caught doing something he knows he shouldn't.

Rocket does not fit any classic cat body condition diagrams. She's short and boxy, so by a body condition scale diagram she is overweight but if you actually feel her she's borderline underweight. My vet says she isn't allowed to drop below 6.75 pounds because she will be unhealthy skinny at that point. Right now she is 7.25 pounds so we have a little wiggle room.

Rocket is a female, spayed at 6-8 months old, and the only of my three who will spray inside the house.

Rocket loves cuddling and being pet but due to early feral days won't allow herself to be picked up. She loves attention but hates most people.

Link has no food motivation or aggression. I can't bribe him with treats to go somewhere he doesn't want to go. Although he does like treats, he just doesn't care if he misses out on them.
I love the name NightFury for a cat!