What A Day This Has Been

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended up not being able to work at my job today, thanks to a HUGE communication fumble on the higher end which may put my job in question.

I went to buy some cereal and....someone found a little chocolate lynx point siamese mix kitten with a kinked half-tail (which she carries curled up over her back like a teacup handle) in the dumpster.

She's really bony, and of course I could not decline (as made obvious by the fact that I've typed this).. She is appropriately frightened, but within the hour was begging me for petting and is now sleeping on my legs. I've fed her some wellness, etc.

I am trying to decide whether to adopt her out or not.

In the meantime, she's very squeaky when I leave my room (which is where I have her). I can't tell if it's tiny lonliness or general meezer noise, so does anyone have tips on helping her get settled in a little more? I have cardboard box, but she mostly follows me.

I have a vet here who has a program that grants a free spay/neuter if you keep them up to date on kitten shots and basic care, so I'm all set there.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first thing to do is get her to the vet. Keep her isolated from any other pets you have till she gets checked out. She probably has worms and who knows what else, poor thing thrown in the garbage! Get her checked and go from there. Are you planning to keep her if all goes well, or find her a home?
To the
that threw this kitten in the dumpster, I would like 10 minutes alone with you, just me, you, and a baseball bat.

Edit- Sorry, re-read your post, and you said you are unsure if you are going to keep her. Whatever you decide to do, thank you for taking this little one in, and thanks to the person who saved her from certain death in that dumpster.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
if she's pretty [meezers usually are!] then you'll most likely have little trouble rehoming her... however, it'd be easier, i bet, if she were healthy already. of course, that depends on your finances!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope we get to see a pic of the little darling! So glad you were able to help her!

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

The first thing to do is get her to the vet. Keep her isolated from any other pets you have till she gets checked out. She probably has worms and who knows what else, poor thing thrown in the garbage! Get her checked and go from there. Are you planning to keep her if all goes well, or find her a home?
To the
that threw this kitten in the dumpster, I would like 10 minutes alone with you, just me, you, and a baseball bat.

Edit- Sorry, re-read your post, and you said you are unsure if you are going to keep her. Whatever you decide to do, thank you for taking this little one in, and thanks to the person who saved her from certain death in that dumpster.
I want to see that and then take a few swings myself. Cruel people in the world sometimes.
I hope the kitty is healthy.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can I get in on some of that? I don't trust people that hate or harm cats, they are usually sneaky, untrustworthy and of bad character.
Your little one is so lucky you found her. Bless you for rescuing her.