Wet Treats

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 of my 4 cats love treats, 1 could care less. But they seem to be tired of the same ole. found a few wet treats, and wondered if anyone else has wet treats they like?

Friskies lil soups, new one i found today at walmart. i gave some when i got home, the boys went nuts for it. The girls didn't care.

Fancy feast has come back out with the appetizers, mine liked the tuna with sole topper.
They like the Fancy feast filets. and the Fancy feast broths.

They like the pure balance starters.

They also like the delectable squeeze ups.

I saw on chewy, looks like maybe Purina has listened, they have a Muse creatables now, lol looks like its just gravy? And has anyone tried the Inaba Churu lickable treats?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I'm not sure if this is one you're referring to, it's Purely fancy feast natural treats, wet salmon, chicken or tuna. I just tried the salmon yesterday, a definite winner.
I'll be looking into the others you mentioned for sure!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! I'm not sure if this is one you're referring to, it's Purely fancy feast natural treats, wet salmon, chicken or tuna. I just tried the salmon yesterday, a definite winner.
I'll be looking into the others you mentioned for sure!
That was one of them, yes. My guys went nuts over the Friskies lil soups, if your at walmart look for that one :)

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed wet raw treats. Gizzards, hearts, wing tips... my cats go crazy... :dancingblackcat:
I need to try this, just being vegetarian myself im a little...umhhh not sure i can deal well? That's the main reason i feed canned food, rather than trying raw. Im a wuss. :rolleyes: I can tell the canned foods are meat, but i can pretend otherwise..lol and they dont bother me. I know cats must have meat.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not a vegetarian but I feel the same way about raw meat. There are some commercial raw foods that come in brick form and don’t look like raw meat all. I have a raw pet food store close by me that has raw treats pre-prepared. That’s easier to deal with sometimes than buying meat from the supermarket and having to cut it yourself.

I think the main reason I feed raw, above the health benefits, is just seeing how happy it makes my cats. Every one of them does laps around the house after I give them raw treats.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not a vegetarian but I feel the same way about raw meat. There are some commercial raw foods that come in brick form and don’t look like raw meat all. I have a raw pet food store close by me that has raw treats pre-prepared. That’s easier to deal with sometimes than buying meat from the supermarket and having to cut it yourself.

I think the main reason I feed raw, above the health benefits, is just seeing how happy it makes my cats. Every one of them does laps around the house after I give them raw treats.
I so wish we lived in a place large enough to have good pet stores that did things like this! Im jealous of those who do :) Our small town has a walmart, kroger, tractor supply and a petsense, which is basically walmart. a 3 hour drive before we can even get to a Petsmart. No independent pet stores around :(

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The only wet treat my cat tried is the Ciao Churro or Fillet. It’s literally like crack for cats, and also dogs according to the sales rep. Not the best ingredients which is why I normally stick to freeze-dried treats but that’s why it’s a treat lol

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
I so wish we lived in a place large enough to have good pet stores that did things like this! Im jealous of those who do :) Our small town has a walmart, kroger, tractor supply and a petsense, which is basically walmart. a 3 hour drive before we can even get to a Petsmart. No independent pet stores around :(
If you’re willing to try it you could ask a local butcher to package some hearts or gizzards for you. Ask for ones that are antibiotic and hormone free with no additives. I usually wash them before I freeze them but it’s probably not necessary. You’d just have to be okay with touching the raw meat.

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will be able to tell you how the Inaba lickable treats go in about a week or two because I plan to purchase the chicken and cheese flavor!

sevenplus1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feed my 2 little friends the freeze dried raw treats that they have. Over the last 2 years I've used a few of them. The one they go crazy for is the Whole life chicken treats; its freeze dried chicken but it might as well be crack. Other one's they like are Stella & Chewey's nuggets and Primal bricks.

Whatever you feed them make sure you account for the calories because they add up. When I feed them the nuggets I count them. I give them 4 each twice a day. Or with the Primal bricks I will cut up one brick in half and give them that twice a day. Either of those fits in with the 6-7 oz per day that keeps them lean.

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
I feed my 2 little friends the freeze dried raw treats that they have. Over the last 2 years I've used a few of them. The one they go crazy for is the Whole life chicken treats; its freeze dried chicken but it might as well be crack. Other one's they like are Stella & Chewey's nuggets and Primal bricks.

Whatever you feed them make sure you account for the calories because they add up. When I feed them the nuggets I count them. I give them 4 each twice a day. Or with the Primal bricks I will cut up one brick in half and give them that twice a day. Either of those fits in with the 6-7 oz per day that keeps them lean.
Primal bricks are complete meals on their own, but I guess you could use them as a treat too.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I buy chicken breasts, cut them with kitchen shears into small pieces about the size of the end of my thumb, and freeze them. I pull four per kitty out the night before and put them in the fridge to thaw. Each kitty gets two in the a.m. and two in the p.m. They love them and it helps to clean their teeth! I’ve weighed the pieces and know that four of them are just under 10% of their regular supplemented raw diet.

I learned the hard way to freeze them on a tray first, then put them in a freezer ziplock. The first time I tried it I got a big blob of chunks frozen together. :)