Wet food with Duck?

florine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello!!

My three year old girl Florine is going through one of her picky phases, and I'm trying to find another brand of cat food to rotate with her current favorite, Fancy feast.

Her favorite "flavor" of food is duck, and I was wondering if anyone has any favorite wet foods that feature duck?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My girls like duck too. Here are some. I'm using Chewy as an example to give an idea of pricing and for reviews.

There are quite a few out there.

https://www.chewy.com/s?query=duck+cat+food&rh=FoodForm:Wet+Food

My girls are SUPER picky about food. They do like the Merrick LID and the Natural Balance platefulls. The Whole Earth farms (made by Merrick) did OK with them. They used to love pates but not so much anymore. Good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

florine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much! I'll have to look into those options-- rawz is one of my "goal foods" as in when I have enough money I'd love to feed it, but right now can't afford to. Hopefully I can find something!

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Only thing to look out for with duck based foods is that they tend to be very high in fat, so you probably don’t want to feed them exclusively.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed Olive Rawz Duck, and also Fromm Chicken and Duck. It is more affordable than rawz, but it does have a lot of gums. She loves it.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed Olive Rawz Duck, and also Fromm Chicken and Duck. It is more affordable than rawz, but it does have a lot of gums. She loves it.
Our cats used to love the Fromm chicken and duck, too! But it disappeared from our local stores for some months and then when it came back they decided they hated it. I'm not sure if there was a recipe change, an odd batch, or the cats were just being fickle but they totally refused to eat it. I'll probably try it out on them again since it used to be such a dependable favorite.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Rawz duck has a secret weapon the other flavors do not: salmon oil. I can sometimes get my Krista to eat the rabbit as readily as the duck by adding a pump of salmon oil to the can, mixing it up, and then plating a portion from that.

If yours can have chicken as well, Tiki Cat probably has an excellent duck. Krista wouldn't know because she can't have chicken. :(

CatNaps

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a duck eater... She is asthmatic and has allergies. We figured out it was foods. So we went with Stella and Chewy Raw Freeze Dried Duck. So far so good, 5 months with it.