Wet food suggestions for a picky eater?

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My male cat, Hooper, is very picky about wet food. I would like him to eat more wet than dry for his urinary health, but he refuses most of it. His favorite things are the Whole Hearted or Applaws squeeze treats (both currently out of stock at Petco), others like Tiki Cat are refused. If the food comes in gravy or broth he will lick up all the gravy and leave the food. The best I can do is FF chicken or salmon pate mixed with enough water to make a pudding, but he leaves most of it except in rare instances.

Rejected outright: Sheba pates, Tiki Cat Velvet Mousse and squeeze treats
Licks gravy off of Sheba cuts, Soulistic pouches in various flavors

Any suggestions for this picky boy? I had high hopes for the Velvet Mousse but he wouldn't even touch it.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Does he like pates? I’ve found our picky eater likes Life’s Abundance Instinctive Choice. It’s only available on their website, but you can buy individual cans to try it. Instinctive Choice All Life Stage Cat Food-Chicken + Turkey

Our boy generally doesn’t like foods from cans (except Life’s Abundance). He eats the Au Jus by Rawz shredded pouches, Stella and Chewy purple cartons and Caru Chicken or Caru Turkey. He seems to do best when we switch up flavors occasionally.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Two things Moo and Waffles really really like is Merrick Grammy's Pot Pie; and Merrick Purrfect Bistro Duck Pate (more the duck pate.) Moo is not big on wet food at all, but these go over well.

Gracie is not a big eater but loves baby food meat. I get Gerber sitter 2nd stage in turkey, chicken, or beef and add some of that to her wet food- not as an only baby food feeding. But I do use it sometimes as a snack with a little water added. She gobbles it right up.
It was scarce with the initial stages of the pandemic so I didn't buy it then but now it's usually always at the grocery.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My male cat, Hooper, is very picky about wet food. I would like him to eat more wet than dry for his urinary health, but he refuses most of it. His favorite things are the Whole Hearted or Applaws squeeze treats (both currently out of stock at Petco), others like Tiki Cat are refused. If the food comes in gravy or broth he will lick up all the gravy and leave the food. The best I can do is FF chicken or salmon pate mixed with enough water to make a pudding, but he leaves most of it except in rare instances.

Rejected outright: Sheba pates, Tiki Cat Velvet Mousse and squeeze treats
Licks gravy off of Sheba cuts, Soulistic pouches in various flavors

Any suggestions for this picky boy? I had high hopes for the Velvet Mousse but he wouldn't even touch it.
I buy online dr elseys. They will send you samples. The turkey pate is a little runny when first opened. Has he tried tiki after dark? Also nutro perfect portions. Wide variety at petco

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We may have a winner! He is eating Soulistic pouches if they are gravy based, for the moment anyway...