Wet food similar to Stella and Chewy's Morsels wet food?

kaitie09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know of a wet food similar to this brand/style? I'd say it's almost a soup/pureed style. I have a kitten that refuses to eat any other wet food besides this, but it's $3 a pop and only available in a single store in my area (which isn't very well stocked). I'd love to try another option, especially one I could order online...

84000829.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaitie09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I've tried the brands listed (except for open farm), and she refused all of them. Also tried blue/wellness/taste. Luckily I have another cat that will eat anything.

From the photo link, the Stelly&Chewy carton resembles Evanger's Organix Chicken the most.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
We also have a kitty that can be very picky with his food, and he absolutely loves the Stella and Chewy’s Morsels. And yes, it’s quite expensive and isn’t sold on many stores. We buy ours from a local (Colorado) online store although it looks more expensive at $3.80: petsbynature.com

He also really likes Caru Stews, it’s kind of a mealy gruel lol. Those are slightly cheaper and are sold on Chewy: Caru Classic Chicken Stew Grain-Free Wet Cat Food, 6-oz, case of 12 - Chewy.com

Not at all similar but we also have good luck with the Au Jous Shredded foods. And yes our cat has expensive taste :dancingblackcat:

We actually have a theory that he hates food from cans. We try to exclusively find pouches or cartons.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We actually have a theory that he hates food from cans. We try to exclusively find pouches or cartons.
Maybe the can lining affects the taste somehow? Many brands are using BPA-free cans now but who knows if cooking the food inside of a sealed can of any kind affects the taste somehow versus cooked and then poured into a pouch or tray or carton and sealed.

Other foods to try that come in a carton:

GO! GO! SOLUTIONS Wet Food for Cats - Petcurean Pet Nutrition
Now Fresh NOW FRESH Natural Cat Food | Petcurean

I think that particular Evanger's Organic Chicken variety is discontinued. Here's a similar variety: Organic Braised Chicken Dinner

Try mixing some new food into the old food. Use toppers if necessary. Some cats won't eat a new food on its own but will eat it if it's mixed into familiar food.

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
S&C also makes a pouch food, Carivore Cravings, mostly minced and with some shreds (e.g., duck and chicken and chicken and liver), very soupy. I pay $1.59 at my local retailer, maybe your indy retailer can order some for you.

Attachments