Wet food inquiry

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi there! So usually I feed my cat wet food around 6 PM and at the time of the feeding there is no dry food for him to eat which he does get again at 10 PM.

My cat will just sit there and not eat the wet food and I feel bad.

Best just to let the wet food sit for an hour or so and if he doesn't eat it give him dry?

Ugh! Cats are picky!!

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can try mixing the wet with the dry. Most cats get sick of eating the same brand/flavor of wet food to so variety is a must.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, try the above and see if that works. If not, look and see when was the last time dry was available. Maybe 6 p.m. is too soon from the last meal? One of my cats could eat 24 hours a day and be a happy camper, but the other is simply not food driven, so plenty of time has to pass between meals or he won't eat. Often he will skip his middle meal because he's not hungry yet (I guess). There could be other factors for your cat too. He may just not like that food, and if that's the case, it could sit there for days and he probably still wouldn't touch it. So depending on what you are trying to do (convert to all wet, get SOME wet into his diet, etc) either give in and give him dry, give him a different wet, or wait until the next meal. .What's your ultimate goal?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Getting my chunk to eat for wet I know he eats the dry. Maybe I'll try mixing dry with wet but I've tried dropping some nuggets on the wet it doesn't always work.
It's hard since he's on prescription diet