Wet food in the UK

Kezza301

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I just got my car Penny on Saturday evening. I asked what she was being fed and told Felix so I picked up the same food to transition her. I then have learned Felix is not recommended and that it's good to feed them a few different brands for variety and to prevent fussiness is this right?

I've not seen her eat any of the dry food we put out either but then I've read that if she doesn't eat the dry it's not a bad thing and wet food is better for her anyway so I'm thinking if she's not bothered to just take it away them and feed her only wet, would that be a better idea?

I'm not looking at what the best food is to transition her and have seen brands on zooplus are good.

I am looking to pic a few brands to try yer on so we have a rotation but how is best to transition bher, should we try one brand until she's fully on that and then add in a bit of another one and then a bit of another after another few days rather than all at once?

What are your best recommendations for wet food? If specifically like to order from zooplus because we have small pets so we bulk order from there anyway :)

This isn't my first kitten but it my first one for a few years and now I know there is definitely a lot more to learn especially with diet! I want her to have a good diet so she's a good healthy cat and as she's so young I think it's probably best to start early 😊

jamie_02

1 kitty ; 1 year old cat named quinn <3
Young Cat
Purraise
animonda carny is apparently good !! i’m actually switching my kitten over onto that atm and she loves it, she was on whiskas prior to switching over and she was getting so bored of it, we switched whiskas types and flavours and everything and she just was being so picky with it, i started introducing animonda last night as i had ordered a six pack from zooplus to try her on and she loves it so much that she’s actually picking around the whiskas :lol: i’ve heard bozita is good too but have never tried it with my kitty !!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kezza301

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, after so much research and reading till my eyes hurt I've bought her Smilla, Feringa and Animonda as a variety of different brands and we'll move off dry food as she doesn't eat it anyway. I'm only going to introduce one food at a time though every 3 weeks as I've also read to do that so not to introduce to much to fast :)

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How old is Penny? It sounds like she is pretty young? If she's a wee baby, then I think your plan of transitioning sounds good. If you notice any digestive issues, then simply back off what you're doing, or you can add just a little bit of the new food into some of the food she did well on and see what happens. For kittens, some food may be a little rich, and I'm not familiar with any of the brands you are trying simply because they are European brands. But perhaps you are buying their kitten formulas?

Gem90

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good luck! We had no trouble transitioning our kitty onto different wet foods; he eats a different brand and flavour every meal. Switching the dry kibble too fast causes tummy upsets but hopefully you won't have this problem!

Don't be surprised if your kitty turns her nose up at your carefully laid plans, though. I did so much research about diet and eventually settled on Natures Menu, Cheshire Garden and things like that, but they're pate and he won't touch them. So we've had to be a bit flexible, and relax our own rules. I'd love to try him on Feringa but I've wasted so much money on food he won't eat. He occasionally just has a pouch of good old Felix, just so we know he has a good meal he enjoys!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kezza301

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi thank you, yes she's 7 1/2 weeks now so I bought all of their kitten formulas. She never touched any kibe at all and I left some out each day for a few days so we decided if she didn't want it there was no point in it and we'll just give her wet food. I'll transition her slowly I'm not sure yet if she is going to be fussy or how fussy she might be. She eats her felix well but we'd like her to not be on it much longer 😊