Wet food grain free suggestion please

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I ve just bought more foot he sniffed it and walked past
I've had that exact thing happen, and it is frustrating but don't give up on him :)

Try this
but my cat who doesn’t handle grainy foods seems to tolerate Pro Plan Delicate can as well. Purina Pro Plan Delicate 24 x 85g
And take a look at the things mentioned in this thread below, even a flat paper plate can sometimes work for a reluctant cat, or try sitting with him, and try putting some food on your finger for him to lick. Handfeeding where you gently work his mouth open at the jaw hinge and put a little food on his tongue with a popsicle stick (or a model building stick) can also help, especially if he starts to lose weight. (You may want to start weighing him, step on a bathroom scale, weigh yourself, then weigh yourself again while holding him and subtract, the result is what he weighs.)

Any Good Tips To Get Your Cats To Eat? Share Them Here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elainemcl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've had that exact thing happen, and it is frustrating but don't give up on him :)

Try this

And take a look at the things mentioned in this thread below, even a flat paper plate can sometimes work for a reluctant cat, or try sitting with him, and try putting some food on your finger for him to lick. Handfeeding where you gently work his mouth open at the jaw hinge and put a little food on his tongue with a popsicle stick (or a model building stick) can also help, especially if he starts to lose weight. (You may want to start weighing him, step on a bathroom scale, weigh yourself, then weigh yourself again while holding him and subtract, the result is what he weighs.)

Any Good Tips To Get Your Cats To Eat? Share Them Here!
Thank u so much I feel like crying ! He actually has put on weight but of course that's when he was eating . Would u mind looking at a food for me it's one Sylvester used to eat as a kitten. It's called natures menu I ll see if I can do a screen shot and post it x thanks for your support

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elainemcl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah it's expensive but not overly so I ll pay it if he eats it

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you I dont recognise any of the brands maybe we dont use them here in uK.
But handy info to know ie high protein low carb.
Thank you for your reply

Unfortunately we re in uk but I'm hoping from the info gleaned from this site im hoping it will mean i can make an informed decision on which will work best for Sylvester x thank u
The brands I mentioned (Grau, GranataPet, CatzFinefood,Feringa etc) can’t be bought in supermarkets, but only at smaller pet shops locally or at zooplus.co.uk as linked by Furballsmom Furballsmom (thank you!), so it’s possible you’ve never heard of them. It’s not British food but German, but they deliver everywhere in the EU. My cats were really doing great on it.