Wet Food Advocates

JC fka JClark

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Suggestions on what brand to feed two 20 lbs cats? We're talking about 420 kcals per cat. That is about 10oz per cat per day. 4 (5oz) cans per day.

Who's doing that?

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’d recommend Rawz as the best US canned food imo, but it’s pricey. I personally feed it along with more reasonably priced food. In your case, I’d probably look into bigger cans, 10 or 12oz, I know American Journey has them, and TikiCat, I recommend After Dark line as it has no fish.
Other good, mostly fillers free but with gums:
DrElsey, Hound&Gatos, Redbarn (Turkey flavour), Essence, PureVita, Dave Cats’ Meow line chicken+turkey flavour (currently on good sale on Chewy).
I feed a variety of cans, it allows me to buy whatever good is on sale. But my cats are used to this and don’t react to any drastic change in their wet food.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can get 13 oz cans of many brands and it's far more economical.

And neutered indoor cats usually don't need quite as many calories so they may not need the whole 10 oz. It can take a little experimenting to find out the right amount for each cat.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is 20 lbs normal for your cats? That seems awfully heavy except for big breeds such as Maine Coons.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It mostly depends on where you live, just a general idea like country if outside the US or state if you're in the US. If you are in the US my suggestion would be Tiki Cat as they have several varieties that come in 10oz cans, it is more affordable and has comparable if not better ingredients than other LID canned food. The Chicken varieties have no gums, no fillers, and no plant based ingredients.

There's also commercial frozen raw food like Instinct (many pet stores carry it as does chewy), Darwin's, or Balanced Blends.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JC fka JClark

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It mostly depends on where you live, just a general idea like country if outside the US or state if you're in the US. If you are in the US my suggestion would be Tiki Cat as they have several varieties that come in 10oz cans, it is more affordable and has comparable if not better ingredients than other LID canned food. The Chicken varieties have no gums, no fillers, and no plant based ingredients.

There's also commercial frozen raw food like Instinct (many pet stores carry it as does chewy), Darwin's, or Balanced Blends.
I used to feed them Instinct but they have discontinued cat lines or only sell small bags of the stuff. I used to occasionally give them raw 2-3x a week as one of their 3/day feedings. I'll take a look at Tiki Cat.