Wet cat food diet

kendra98

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I apologize for the long post, but I’m currently transitioning my cats from dry food to a wet food diet. For now I’m starting with wet food one to two times a day and dry food offered at night. But eventually it will be all wet food. Right now they’re eating iams adult and science diet kitten.

I have 2 male neutered kittens, 7 and 8 months old, a spayed female 5 years old, a spayed senior 11 years old, and an outdoor spayed female 4 years old.

Currently I’ve been doing research and testing different brands to see what they like. Every thing seems to be a hit or miss. I’ve tried fancy feast, tiki cat, koha, and purina one chunks. Most of my cats will eat everything besides the 8 month old who is the pickiest. He will sniff, taste, try to cover it and walk away. I have fed Sheba and Iams kitten in the past and seemed to be okay with those ones and also tried friskies which not my favorite due to having issues with cats in the past getting sick. Also have fed blue buffalo that the rescue gave me but again not a fan of the brand because of recalls. We are still in to transitioning so I know it’s not gonna be perfect or right away. They are all used to dry food and just grazing whenever they feel like it.

I’m looking for suggestions and thoughts. Any brands you recommend to try or if Sheba and Iams is okay to feed or if there’s something similar. Preferably in pate form and affordable.

Thanks!

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
" The cheapest wet cat food is better than the most expensive dry food . "
~ I believe that cats do best on few ingredients. I stay away from the "garden greens" ; " high-quality" corn protein ' ; vegetable oils ; rice.
My cats like Fancy Feast & Friskies pate. I just steamed some fresh chicken . :catrub:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi I apologize for the long post, but I’m currently transitioning my cats from dry food to a wet food diet. For now I’m starting with wet food one to two times a day and dry food offered at night. But eventually it will be all wet food. Right now they’re eating iams adult and science diet kitten.

I have 2 male neutered kittens, 7 and 8 months old, a spayed female 5 years old, a spayed senior 11 years old, and an outdoor spayed female 4 years old.

Currently I’ve been doing research and testing different brands to see what they like. Every thing seems to be a hit or miss. I’ve tried fancy feast, tiki cat, koha, and purina one chunks. Most of my cats will eat everything besides the 8 month old who is the pickiest. He will sniff, taste, try to cover it and walk away. I have fed Sheba and Iams kitten in the past and seemed to be okay with those ones and also tried friskies which not my favorite due to having issues with cats in the past getting sick. Also have fed blue buffalo that the rescue gave me but again not a fan of the brand because of recalls. We are still in to transitioning so I know it’s not gonna be perfect or right away. They are all used to dry food and just grazing whenever they feel like it.

I’m looking for suggestions and thoughts. Any brands you recommend to try or if Sheba and Iams is okay to feed or if there’s something similar. Preferably in pate form and affordable.

Thanks!
Peaches does not like fish, lamb, or rabbit. Coco only likes pate. Maggie does not like pate but loves anything shredded or cuts. They like ff classics,daves,Dr elseys,orijen,farmina.nutro perfect portions,weruva

wrenka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Great work transitioning your cats to a healthier lifestyle! As far as choosing a wet food, this site has some good suggestions and overall tips for transitioning. The yellow text are all links!

Potter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thanks!
your probably goin to get more confused, cuz every person feeds their cats different food.unless you see one that is used the most.imo

Potter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
" The cheapest wet cat food is better than the most expensive dry food . "
~ I believe that cats do best on few ingredients. I stay away from the "garden greens" ; " high-quality" corn protein ' ; vegetable oils ; rice.
My cats like Fancy Feast & Friskies pate. I just steamed some fresh chicken . :catrub:
any health issues with the fancy feast yet?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
With several cats, I'm doubting you will find ONE food that suits them all. I only have two cats right now and they never eat the same thing. My advise is to feed them what they will eat and go with it. Cats are like people and they know what they want. If they don't like it, they won't eat it and can go for days without eating if they don't like it. AND, you cannot let them do that because not eating can cause critical health issues in cats.