Wet Bottom

Lynel

My "Monkey" 🐒🐈
Kitten
Purraise
HELP PLEASE!! I rescued a 3 week old female kitten. She was doing good but now the last couple of days her poor little bottom is always wet and goopy. There is no foul smell though. I have been trying to make sure she is clean as much as possible. She tends to scoot her bottom 9n the rug also. I realized I need to take her to the Vet. But I honestly don't know if I am going to be able to afford it. Any suggestions or words of wisdom?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How old is she now? How does this wetness smell? Its just watery fluid without clear smell? Its her pee? Her poo?

How is she peeing and pooing??

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree. Is it pee or poop? What are you feeding? She may need worming or she may have an infection that needs antibiotics.

Do you stimulate her to pee and poop after feedings? She is too young to clean her own bottom, so you must wipe it gently with a warm damp cloth throughout the day.

Apply coconut oil or vaseline. This will soothe as she may just feel burned or raw from urine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lynel

My "Monkey" 🐒🐈
Kitten
Purraise
She is 3 -4 weeks old. I stimulated her at first then she started peeing n pooping on her own. I began bottle feeding with kitten formula now she has her formula n wet kitten food mixed n then formula in-between. The fluid is clear n kinda milky. It doesn't smell. Her poop is firm not hard or watery. She isn't lathargic at all. She plays n is eating good. She had started using the litter box with the non clumping litter but it was sticking to her little bottom. So I put down some pads for her to use instead. When she pees it's only a little bit at a time but it's very often. Which make me think it's a UTI. I'm looking for a Vet to take her to hopefully today. I know she needs to be checked out by one anyway. I'm just hoping to find one that isn't to expensive. But no matter what I will be taking her in.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That’s good you will get her seen. It does sound like a UTI and those can be very painful and get worse without treatment. Keep us posted!

Lynel

My "Monkey" 🐒🐈
Kitten
Purraise
I definitely will Thank You. I also think the kitten formula may not agree with her. I started with the KMR formula but they only had 1 can. So I bought CatMX. She doesn't seem to care for it as much. I also have introduced her to water. She will drink it every now n then.

Lynel

My "Monkey" 🐒🐈
Kitten
Purraise
Oh I'm sorry for putting this in the wrong place. I will try to pay more attention. Thank you again for being so nice n helpful.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you get the formula she likes best at another store?

Lynel

My "Monkey" 🐒🐈
Kitten
Purraise
I tried but our town is VERY small. But PetSmart has assured me that they will keep it in stock. N also the Walmart here special ordered it for me. N of course she likes the "Top Shelf" Formula (like me),🥂🍺 beer pocket book champagne taste. But she is so very worth it.👝💓

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh I'm sorry for putting this in the wrong place. I will try to pay more attention. Thank you again for being so nice n helpful.
What? You are in the correct forum...

Re formula...

Can you get goats milk? Say Meyenbergs in powder works nicely for many.
Im not saying its better than a good kmr, but it works, and is often an useful alternative.
You mention Walmart. Walmart shoud have several different brands. The Meyenberg they may have in their baking shelves.

Raw goats milk is even better, and has potentially some soothing properties with sensitive intestines.