Wet Bottom

boobookitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was starting to wrap presents the other day & had a box lined with paper on the floor. My cat went to sit in it. When I chased him out of it I noticed a wet mark on the paper that went through to the box. I wasn't sure it was a problem but this morning I noticed a wet spot on the kitchen floor where he was sitting while waiting for his food. Not sure if this is anything to be concerned about. Any thoughts?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. It could be nothing more than 'pee remnants' on his behind after using the litter box. Is it just a tiny spot, or does it look like he actually peed a bit in those places? How old is he? Has he had any history with UTIs? I would just watch him and see if you can make a mental note when he uses the litterbox, and then check around to see if he is leaving 'spots' other places. Also, note how long after he uses the litter box that he cleans himself. The times you found the spots may be right after he peed, but before he cleaned. Not all cats clean immediately after using the box, or at least not all of the time.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That was my first thought. Also, and I know this is icky, give the spot a sniff to make sure this is pee, and not watery diarrhea. If it is urine, and a tiny spot, it is most likely just not cleaning immediately. If it is significant, it may be a UTI, which would require a vet. Now, IF he has a significant change in eating, drinking, activity, or general litter box habits, you need to get him checked as soon as you can.

neko2019

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I actually just asked the same question a couple days ago lol. I noticed my kitten is doing this as well, but he is only leaving the wet spot after using litter box and before he cleans. Good to hear I’m not the only one with this problem :lol: