Weruva Slide N' Serve Meals

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the photo i put up is the chicken breast and liver , Meal of Fortune :flail:
Weruva has all the information up on their site now. they post it better than i could i think. i guess wet oatmeal is the best way to describe it? not really any chunks, other that the bits of liver, and those are small.

Weruva - People Food for Pets - Cat Cuisine - Chicken and Beef

Last edited:
  • Purraise
Reactions: GGG

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pieces look smaller. My cat Peaches might be able to eat that. Do you know the carb and protein count?
weruva has all of the info listed on their site now, for all the flavors. On the meal of fortune it seems to be protein 59.9% fat 24.10 and carbs 9.7 this is on a DMB Several of the other flavors with fish have less carbs.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a lot of carbs but I will use a tiny amount mixed in with the Pepsid ac I give her every night. I think she does good with the Dr Else's canned mixed in

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the photos, duckpond duckpond ! That does not look at all like the photos on the Weruva site -- they should say "serving suggestion"! :p (It's sort like fluffing it with a fork...)

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok i opened up the slide n serve meal of fortune. chicken breast with chicken liver. It does slide right out in one big brick of food, you would be able to slice it into equal amounts easy. Once mixed or chopped up a bit its a very wet oatmeal consistency maybe? Smells good, like chicken, looks good i guess...lol.... cats ate a little, which is very good for them on a new food, no one ran from it :) Mine normally will not eat a new food the first 2 or 3 times. keep you updated.

View attachment 241724 View attachment 241725
Is it as watery as the cat in the kitchen pouches?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its not watery, as far as runny, no broth.. no chunks or shreds, Its a smooth very wet product. This one think wet, but not runny oatmeal. :dunno: I have not tried the salmon and chicken yet. may try that one tomorrow.

chicken scented oatmeal... i may have a problem with my maple and brown sugar breakfast now??? :oops:

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello all,
I'm from Canada but we're camping in New York state (border of Canada and U.S) does anyone know what stores sell weruva slide and serve (the new cat wet food)?
I'd like to get some to see if my kitty likes it!
They don't sell it in Canada.
Thanks

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to a small natural store and they did not have. I think because its new. They do sell Weruva. Petco does sell the brand but I havent checked yet.

• Purraise
Reactions: GGG

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I visited Petco and got some Soulustic pouches and Mouse... I'll try those ones to see she likes it. We don't have those brands in Canada.
Thanks

babs' slave

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I once got some Whiskas in a pouch that slid out. It was extra gelatin-ish. Maybe that's what they did too.
Could you please tell me what they are called? My cat likes Weruva but they are too expensive.

kmoulus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This stuff is the best, it has changed my life and Speedy's! I recommend it especially for those with special needs.

Speedy is almost 18 has been on a lower sodium diet for about three years as part of her treatment for HCM/CHF. She's also super skinny (it's hard for cardiac patients to keep weight on, plus older cats get thin, plus low sodium food tastes bland). It's hard to find sodium content info and Weruva is really great about this.

Speedy is a pate lover, I can't giver her food with chucks or shreds because she just licks the gravy and leaves all the meat behind. What a brat! So for three years I have been putting Weruva in the blender.

Slide 'n Serve has made my life so much easier, no more blender. This isn't really a pate, it is made to be extra hydrating and the consistency is more like pudding (a bonus for Speedy, who takes Lasix). When I open the pouch, I use a fork to fluff it up before putting it in her bowl. Speedy really likes it, she is eating a lot more food than she used to. At least I think she is, her poops are a lot bigger these days.

I'm also feeding her Tiki Cat Velvet Mousse, which is similar in consistency but a bit stickier, it won't just slide out of the pouch. I wrote to them and they sent me the sodium content, almost all their flavors are in Speedy's range.

I will try to post pics of both.