Weruva Slide N' Serve Meals

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those look pretty good, other than the potato starch, which I can't feed! I wonder how they slide out... would they get squashed in, say, the bag coming home from the food store? (There's something about the form that makes me curious!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those look pretty good, other than the potato starch, which I can't feed! I wonder how they slide out... would they get squashed in, say, the bag coming home from the food store? (There's something about the form that makes me curious!)
i dont how, about the slide either, looks like a soft pate type food? and yea, weruva and their potato starch, they put that stuff in everything :rolleyes: i went ahead and ordered the chicken and liver, and the chicken and salmon. I a bit short in my rotation that the cats will eat right now :dizzy: so hey, new food, need to try.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i dont how, about the slide either, looks like a soft pate type food? and yea, weruva and their potato starch, they put that stuff in everything :rolleyes: i went ahead and ordered the chicken and liver, and the chicken and salmon. I a bit short in my rotation that the cats will eat right now :dizzy: so hey, new food, need to try.
The carbs are relatively low so it's definitely worth a try! I'd love to see a post-slide photo of the actual food on an actual plate. :p

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i will try to take a photo, i keep trying to take one of the caru too, and im not very good at remembering at 550 am breakfast time :)

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The ingredients look similar to Weruva's Soulistic brand of pates, give or take a gum or two.

Meal of Fortune though has a pretty high sodium amount (see "dry matter basis") per Weruva's nutritional data but I might give the Jeopurrdy Licious a try.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im betting there will be no patties. It sure looks like on the photos, but then you see one or two and it looks like ripples in some pate? I wish there would be patties. I just, like you , dont know as they would hold up?? I do know i get mine on Thursday, i will be sure to photo. :)

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im betting there will be no patties. It sure looks like on the photos, but then you see one or two and it looks like ripples in some pate? I wish there would be patties. I just, like you , dont know as they would hold up?? I do know i get mine on Thursday, i will be sure to photo. :)
Yes, this is exactly why I'd like to see a candid photo!! I am so curious!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure the pictures indicate that the food slides out in one gelatinous glop, and then you're supposed to "fluff" it up with a spoon. Just my guess.
This is my suspicion, too!

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm almost certain this is the product my rep was supposed to have sent out last month, but said there were a backlog. I then gave him my new address we're moving to over the weekend, and continue waiting.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The thing with Weruva is that their base ingredients is usually fish. Also some varieties is mostly gravy more than meat.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They do offer a lot of fish, but they has several with no fish. So they do have fish free options for those that do not want the fish. :popcorn:

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok i opened up the slide n serve meal of fortune. chicken breast with chicken liver. It does slide right out in one big brick of food, you would be able to slice it into equal amounts easy. Once mixed or chopped up a bit its a very wet oatmeal consistency maybe? Smells good, like chicken, looks good i guess...lol.... cats ate a little, which is very good for them on a new food, no one ran from it :) Mine normally will not eat a new food the first 2 or 3 times. keep you updated.

IMG_0207.jpg IMG_0208.jpg

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok i opened up the slide n serve meal of fortune. chicken breast with chicken liver. It does slide right out in one big brick of food, you would be able to slice it into equal amounts easy. Once mixed or chopped up a bit its a very wet oatmeal consistency maybe? Smells good, like chicken, looks good i guess...lol.... cats ate a little, which is very good for them on a new food, no one ran from it :) Mine normally will not eat a new food the first 2 or 3 times. keep you updated.

View attachment 241724 View attachment 241725
My cat eats weruva food, thinking would be good for her because she loves to lick her wet food up but unfortunately we don't have them in Canada yet and chewy doesn't deliver to Canada.