We're starving!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Are your cats melodramatic about being fed on time? Zoe and Ozzy get fed at 4:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. In the morning, if it's one minute past 4:30, they're walking on our heads. In the afternoon, at 4:31, they're wailing like they haven't eaten in a week. :lol:

"Mooom, we want our food!"

IMG_1233.jpeg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:yeah: Feeby uses her desperate 'squawk' about the same time every morning to let me know it is time for me to get up and feed her breakfast.
And, then she gets a hairball treat and her meds with baby food meat around the same time every afternoon. She knows the time and thankfully just quietly sits in front of her dish waiting...

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, yeah. Mine get fed at 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. They pace, they stare, they pick fights, anything to make me uncomfortable and get me moving. No one actually says anything until I begin the process. Then Mocha starts in with the “Eee. EEee. EEE!” noises while winding around and in between my ankles. Iris paces around the kitchen, through the legs of the kitchen chairs, out into the hallway and back again, muttering under her breath. Lily sits on the rug in front of the patio door quietly, but makes her eyes huge and pitiful.

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We don't feed our cats at set times, but around the same times every day. I usually wait for Morty to tell me when he's hungry and then Po will get his food as well. Goose stays in a large cage at night so he always has food.

Morty will usually start by staring at me from weird places. Then if I wait too long he'll give me a couple meows that sound as if he's asking a question. Both cats will come up and cuddle next to me and act a bit too friendly, but if I get up they'll follow me. When I'm getting ready to feed them I sing the "meow meow meow meow" song (I think from meowmix commercials?) because I like having them trained to recognize a certain noise in case they get outside. Kinda weird but it's come in handy in the past. I also ask Morty if he's hungry before feeding him, so I think he's trained to recognize that sentence because if he wants food he'll meow back.

Po, on the other hand, is on a diet so he acts out a little more. If he's hungry he will find any plastic and chew on it. This includes trash bags, the shower curtain, potato bags....anything. It's been a pain trying to plastic proof our apartment. He will also jump on the counters (where he's not allowed) to sniff around.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ours get fed at 6 a.m., 2 p.m., and 10 p.m. If we are late, Burdock sounds off to let us know. The rest of them park themselves by their food dishes, waiting patiently, but with accusatory looks at us.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue will sit or lay patiently but in a position where he can watch me.
When I ask him if he is hungry I get a Yap and a Brrr and he runs to his food bowl..I feed in 2 halves because when i first got him he would wolf his food and throw up, now I do it purely for the interaction.
On the second half he will come to me and I ask if he wants some more I get a yap and brrr, I grab his tail and he pulls me back to his bowl. Its a fun time for both

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are your cats melodramatic about being fed on time? Zoe and Ozzy get fed at 4:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. In the morning, if it's one minute past 4:30, they're walking on our heads. In the afternoon, at 4:31, they're wailing like they haven't eaten in a week. :lol:

"Mooom, we want our food!"

View attachment 372654
Those poor cats, they look like they havent eaten in weeks !!! (Or maybe a few hours) lol