We're new here and wanted to say hi!

Gypsy Witch & Persephone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! My 10 month old cat, Persephone, and I just joined a moment ago. My dog, Snuggles, died on May 1 and on June 5 I adopted Persephone. We are nomads who live in our 17' travel trailer and travel around (mostly the Southwest). Our homebase is Arizona and we spend our winter in the desert.

Persephone is black with a slight rust undertone when sun shines on her with little white tufts coming out of her ears and a white bikini on her abdomen. She's a sweetheart and very affectionate.

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
e15e84c04a8490daa6cfd7a2792e8bbf.gif
to you and Persephone, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
cat-and-welcome-sign-wall-decor.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

We are so
IMG_3272.GIF
to hear about Snuggles :alright: Glad that you adopted Persephone and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary to live out her life:clapcat:

Do post more photos of your sweet gal :redheartpump::hearthrob: and we have a special thread here just for her here in post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to and currently we hav a Picture of The Month contest and if you have a photo of Persephone that fits the description, you may choose to enter the contest here in picture-of-the-month-january-2022-nerdy-cats.439328

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

amullins17

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m new too! I am owned by my cat Daisy, who was named that for multiple reasons at the time but now just because she IS Daisy.

I joined because I want to know what kind of cat she looks like, because she’s odd. Not in a bad way, in a good way… which honestly is also weird for a cat. So I was doing some research and found this forum and hello.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gypsy Witch & Persephone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m new too! I am owned by my cat Daisy, who was named that for multiple reasons at the time but now just because she IS Daisy.

I joined because I want to know what kind of cat she looks like, because she’s odd. Not in a bad way, in a good way… which honestly is also weird for a cat. So I was doing some research and found this forum and hello.
Nice to meet you and Daisy!

amullins17

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's a cutie! Yes, Persephone certainly does. She's very affectionate and playful. How old is Daisy?
Daisy is a little over 2. Her birthday is in September and we’ve had her since Dec 2019. I’m guessing she’s full grown, but she still seems very little to me!! She is the sweetest and weirdest cat I’ve ever had. She comes when called. Jumps on laps when asked. Still snuggles and sleeps on her humans. Never hides around strangers, but protects and watches her family. Doesn’t scratch anything but her scratching toys. Does not trigger my kids’ cat allergies. Plays with toys we buy her. And actually sleeps in her cat bed…! It’s just bizarre.

The only issue with Daisy is that she is LOUD; a talker for sure which I wasn’t expecting. And it’s very call and response. She starts with a meow, we respond, she responds, etc. (if we don’t respond she will just keep meowing over and over and over again) I asked the vet about it and she said that she healthy and not complaining about anything. That Daisy just wants to talk which is literally the best behavioral problem a cat can have. So I am counting my blessings about that.

And her meows sound like words (ie: No, Now, Mama, Done, Really?) We may need to video her someday and make her a meme!