We're Keeping Gidget!

rascalshadownj2

RascalShadowGidget2
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone. Hope all of you had a nice Christmas, and hope everyone is having a good new year! Sorry I haven't been here for awhile. The holidays were pretty hectic, and we were pretty busy putting away all of our Christmas decorations. We finally got everything put away! Whew! As you all know, I had Gidget on this Adopt A Pet site. She was on the site for at least 5 months. We didn't think anyone was going to adopt her, so we went through the process of getting her spayed. I even bought her a new collar and a cute name tag with her name on it. I became really attached to her. She is such a cute kitten, and has a really outstanding personality. I was checking some mail last night, and saw where someone on that Adoption site was interested in Gidget. Naturally I didn't know the person. They didn't live too far from us but just not knowing the person, made me decide that I didn't want to give her up. So we decided to keep her. Luckily the person who wanted to adopt Gidget had an email address. So I wrote the person and told them that I decided that I wanted to keep Gidget. I also clicked on this tab that said "Politely Decline." That meant that you declined the adoption. I even took down her site. They had a tab where you could remove your pet's site if you decided not to have them adopted. So now Gidget is Officially a Member of our small family. :hyper: I'm sure Rascal and Shadow are not very excited. Gidget really gives them a run for their money. LOL Poor cats. But I'm glad that she is staying with us. That way, I can be sure she gets the best care, and will live a long life. ;) The person who was interested in Gidget said they had two children I think, a toddler and a pre-teen. So you can bet that the children will not be very responsible in caring for Gidget. Children of that age, are not that responsible when it comes to caring for animals. I just hope the person won't be very upset, and I wished them luck in finding another kitten the same age as Gidget. I told them that there were a lot of cats who needed good homes, and they could find them at their local shelter, or on that pet site. So I hope they find the right cat for them. :yummy:

I guess you could say that this is one of those "Foster Fails". But I don't mind. At least I know Gidget has a good home. ;)

Anyway, Happy New Year from Me, Rascal, Shadow and Gidget. Hugs to everyone! :grouphug:

Sincerely,
Nancy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rascalshadownj2

RascalShadowGidget2
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Neely. :thanks: So far Gidget is adapting well to her new home. She seems to feel really comfortable with us, and seems to have settled in quite well. She's still a bit rowdy at times, but that's to be expected with a young cat. It doesn't bother us, but I think it drives Rascal and Shadow crazy! LOL They're just like a couple of "old bachelors." LOL It's like "Who's this kid? And what is she doing here?" But I think in time they will get used to her. At least I hope so. But you're right. At least she has a new Forever home. :D

Take Care, and Hugs. :grouphug:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Do the two resident cats need calming products, or music? Or space and time away from her?

rascalshadownj2

RascalShadowGidget2
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi!
Do the two resident cats need calming products, or music? Or space and time away from her?
Hi Furballsmom,
Just catching up on some messages. So far Rascal and Shadow are doing OK. I don't think they need any calming products and as for music, sometimes I play my radio, or cds. Also we watch a lot of TV, so they are used to having some type of noise in the house. Also we have a two story house, so they have plenty of places to hide, like furniture. We also have a three level cat tree, and some extra cat perches I had made. So they have places to rest, and relax. We have this old couch that has been in our house for years, and all the cats have "claimed" it as theirs. They even have a big pillow my mom made them, and this big blanket that this friend knitted them, and it covers the pillow. So they are pretty comfortable in the house. I guess since Gidget is much younger than they are, she likes to play "chase" sometimes, and they just aren't used to that. Before we had Gidget they used to chase each other. But having this younger kitten in the house chasing them, they don't like that very much. But she doesn't bother them too much. I try to distract her by playing with her, and getting her attention away from the other two. So that helps. :) Thanks for your concern. Take Care, and Hugs! :hugs:

rascalshadownj2

RascalShadowGidget2
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Graceful-Lily and Maria Bayote, for the congratulations. I appreciate that! :) :hugs: Hugs to you both.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Gidget really gives them a run for their money. LOL Poor cats.
but I think it drives Rascal and Shadow crazy!
Hi again! Well, it was these two statements you made that had me wondering if your two resident cats would benefit from having time where they can be totally away from Gidget, without Gidget being able to enter their territory for several hours now and then.

Giving them a break from her means less stress for them, and since stress is hard on a cat, that seems like it could be quite helpful for them :).