well you are here, WHAT HAS HELPED WITH YOUR GRIEF THE MOST?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost my best friend, Nermal on 01/17/2017. He had a very aggressive cancer in his poor little mouth and it took him from me quickly. As it mutated and became more painful, I realized it was time for him to be at peace.

Looking back on that day, it now seems like I was completely out of my body and just going through the motions. It is truly the most difficult, painful decision I have ever made. There is now a gaping hole in my heart.

I miss his sweet little gray face and beautiful green eyes, lovingly looking at me after a long day. I miss how excited he would get when I brought groceries home, anxiously looking for a fresh bag of dry food or cans of wet food. The sight of an empty box (of all things!) makes my heart ache! He used to love sitting in empty boxes and quickly took it over, moving his little toys inside.

I'm not sure when it will be time to adopt more kitty friends. I would love to have another (most likely, two!) and give them the chance to live out their lives exploring under beds, inside boxes and bags, watching birds at the feeder and napping in the sun. I guess time will tell.

Hugs to everyone grieving the loss of a sweet, dear friend.
Roxanne,

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope in time you will get more kitties to enhance your life.

Hugs,

Mia

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't have much advice for new people here. My experience has always been time. Also I have written a journal type letter to my Angel. I would try to get everything out as I cried.

I write nearly every day for a month or so and then it became less and less as time passed.

My husband doesn't believe pets have souls and doesn't believe the go to heaven. I am the opposite. I believe they all have souls and that God has to take them in in a special place. Mostly because they are part of our, lives and hearts, making them just as special as the people in our lives. Hopefully it's the Rainbow Bridge where God takes them
This time I have been so wracked with pain, guilt, and remorse so badly that I had to find some support somewhere. I stumbled across this site and joined immediately.

You have to have someone to grieve with or to listen. Finding people who understand is vital. I never heard of FIP. I found others here who lost their precious ones to it, too. You need someone who can relate and who can help you or at least support you however you need.

I grew up on a farm and a cat dying was sad but part of life. But this time was absolutely unbearable for me. The pain was worse and the guilt, anger, loss and remorse took over from my losing my sweet Meela.

Find people who understand. Thier words may soothe you but you will still hurt and grieve. One day, as I expect, I will find more comfort in what has been said. Even though the words are sincere and appreciated, I still feel that I did something wrong and am overcome by guilt. I hope not to feel that way in the future. With this special group, I don't feel so alone.

That's all I have as of being into this loss only 2 weeks. Maybe I will have more to offer as time goes by.